2012 my first show sequence ever !

tom82

New elf
That is looking fantastic Angus. I love the megatree. What sort of strings are they and how many?

angus40

Senior elf
3001's . I won't buy any others . these are awesome and very reliable .

also it is my experience this year that 5v strip and strings is superior to 12v .

I had nothing but greif with 12v lpd 6803 strip , that i was fit to be tied with it .

i have yet to try the 12v ws 2801's i purchased , but the strings on my tree and the strips on my house were absolutely flawless in color and performance.

all 3001's .

I highly recommend not cowering to price and go for the best you can get if your going pixels.

just my opinion.

spend the $$$ its worth it !

Happy new year all
Richard

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Excellent work and some great effects, a show that im sure your proud of and talk of your neighbourhood

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Please tell us how many string's of the 3001's you used for the tree and How they were mounted. Best I can tell is the back strings are facing inward? Love the tree and programming looked great. 3001' verses the 2811 strings? Cost?

Jeff

kel

Dedicated elf
work21.gif

angus40

Senior elf
Thank you all for the positive replies .

This tree is 29 strings > i designed it for 32 but left 3 out on the back left side for access to the controllers.

the effects i am running are based on 32 strings in nutcracker , hls permits dropping large effects on small elements in the editor so sequencing was a bit of a no brainer in some regards .

I did create the beat track first then added the effects uing that as my guide.

And yes , this display has become a phenom in my city . traffic chaos central here from 4:30 - 11:00 pm.

People even come knocking on my door to ask when they will be turned on , other can't thank me enough for doing this and some want it to stay all year .

It is over whelming the response to this as no one here has ever seen this live before .

Cheers
Richard

Bird

LOR user
angus40 said:
This tree is 29 strings > i designed it for 32 but left 3 out on the back left side for access to the controllers.
Didn't even notice until you mentioned it. I think I spotted it when looking for it. Nobody would notice unless they knew about it. Good idea and thanks for the info. :)