Sydney/NSW 2012 Sydney Mini Sunday 08/07/12 - Please Confirm Your Attendance

JPB

Full time elf
Thanks to all who had a hand in the organisation and production of the Mini. It was a great day.

Jon

dannyp

Full time elf
It was a great day today meeting you all. Thanks for putting it on and for anyone who couldn't make it, I highly recommend trying to get to the next one. I learned so much today and am very grateful for your advice.

Cheers
Danny

hawkenp

New elf
Thanks for a great day, have learnt a lot, I have go a bit confused with power supplies, do I have to get one per set of pixels? Or can iTunes more than one pixel set off one dc power supply, as anewbe am trying to work out what to order

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Well i'm back home sitting on the lounge, worn out from a good day.

These comments apply to each of the Mini's I have been to this year...

I was good to catch up with some old faces and meet new people getting caught up in all the excitement. It was great to meet people we only get to respond to on the forum or chat to in chat.

Congrats to ALL the people who attended both to take in knowledge or to impart it back to the community.

Congrats to all the Organisers.

Special thanks to all the people donating prizes, and to LithgowLights for the bottle of wine to re-lubricate the throat after a day of talking.

A mini doesn't work without people so pat yourselves on the back.

It's my personal opinion that the mini's in Australia are now ready to take the next step and evolve into events that include streams for new people to learn the basics and for experienced people to do some technical deep dives into the deep detail.

Cheers and all the best to everyone
Phil

bbayjohn

Senior elf
What can I say that hasn't already been said. Ditto to allcomments above. Thank you so much for such a fantastic day. Looking forward to playing with my new controller. Im stoked to have won such a great prize. However I will have a stack more questions now. The tubes will also be a great addition to my display. Hope everyone arives home safe. I look forward to the next event

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Guys, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for doing their bit on the day to make is a huge success. Yagoona Lights, Lithgow Lights, Lithgow Lights son, Wombat, FastEddie and Aussie Phil to name just a few who all put in on the day. A great team effort!
One question. Where is the link for the webcast? I would like to watch some of it back to see how the web watchers saw the day.
Cheers and thanks again.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Well what can I say, the perfect venue, great lunch, great atmosphere, great people, the perfect day. The Sydney mini was a great success and I thank all those that helped make the day the true sucess that it was.

Craig (Christmas in the Shire) i really appreciate you organsing such a top notch venue at the Sydney Fish Markets and the great fresh seafood lunch, you have really set the standard now for the future. Phil thanks for doing the presentations, you have a skill that allows you to talk for hours whilst still capturing the attention of the audience. Wombat thanks for managing the web feed, Ben thanks for all the help on the day. Lithgow_Lights thanks for his great demo display and for supply 250 dumb RGB pixels for a prize, Thanks to David_AVD, J1sys and Lightshow pro for dontating the fabulous prizes and for the person who donated the heatshrink (forgot who that was) and finally everyone else who attended who helped make the day the great day it was.

So looking forward, the 2013 Sydney mini will be held on the weekend of the 1st/2nd of June 2013 so it will coincide with the Sydney Vivid festival and may start on a Saturday afternoon with a show and tell, dinner and then the vivid festival tour. Stay tuned for more details as we start to plan for 2013.

westy27

Apprentice elf
Sorry all i couldnt make it to the Mini on Sunday, as with my job in the Defence force i was called away at close to midnight Saturday.
If someone can send my the account details im more then happy to pay for the lunch as i was confirmed :D
Hope you all had a great day!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
westy27 said:
Sorry all i couldnt make it to the Mini on Sunday, as with my job in the Defence force i was called away at close to midnight Saturday.
If someone can send my the account details im more then happy to pay for the lunch as i was confirmed :D
Hope you all had a great day!

No need westy, there was more than enough food and no one was out of pocket. Just a shame you couldnt have made it as it was a fantastic day, Next year will be even bigger and better.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Sounds like a good day was had by all. :)

If the winner of the DC24 could please email or PM me with their details (for warranty paperwork, etc) that would be great. Thanks.

Ann2750

New elf
John (Johnny) and I had a great day last Sunday. Thank you to all those who organised it! And Thank you for making me feel so welcome….the only female amongst you!

Although it was a bit overwhelming and confusing at 1st for us newbies but we did manage to learn a lot. We are looking forward to putting it all into practice.

Ann

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ann2750 said:
John (Johnny) and I had a great day last Sunday. Thank you to all those who organised it! And Thank you for making me feel so welcome….the only female amongst you!

Although it was a bit overwhelming and confusing at 1st for us newbies but we did manage to learn a lot. We are looking forward to putting it all into practice.

Ann

Im glad you enjoyed the day and for you just being fresh to the forum and not even having time to absorb some of the info here would have made it very difficult. But feel free to ask any questions and even come into the chat room as there is usually someone who can help. Hopefully we will have more female involvement next year.