Adelaide/SA 2013 RAdelaide Mini Expo June 22-23

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
Karob said:
Thank you to all the organisers and sponsors of another great Adelaide Mini.
It is great to see so many other addicted people looking to learn and share, this hobby is growing every year and you can say CLAP is spreading to every part of this great state of SA.
For everyone who asked me questions about my tree, thank you. I enjoyed sharing and maybe helping people realise that the next step up to pixels is achievable and spectacular, it would appear that PAP is getting stronger and stronger.
If anyone wanted more info regarding the tree feel free to ask in chat or send me a PM, I am happy to try to assist and pass on what was learnt from others on this site.
loved your tree at the mini. did speak to you regarding doing my tree the same, but just cant remember everything I need. Would appreciate you giving me a list of what I need to buy, including software as I have nothing as yet. thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Glad it all went well guys

Remember for any of those that attended the Adelaide mini can take advantage of the LSP offer of LSP Pro version for the price of the advanced version which will close at midnight tonight.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
The weekend was great for meeting up with fellow decorators and seeing and hearing about their plans. I wasn't sure if 2 days would be better than last year's single day, but it definitely was. It gives a chance for people attending to go away after day 1 to have a think about what they want to do/change, then come back on day 2 to ask more questions - works great!

Thanks goes to Matt of DeeJai Lights for hosting the event - top job. Also to regencyxmas (Sunnybrae Function Centre) for providing the venue and lunch once more - thanks again! It was good to meet you AAH and from presenting the Networking topic plus having demos set up for show I think this has influenced the attendees in what they can do in their own Christmas display. And of course, the door prizes wouldn't have happened without the kind donations of Joshua 1 Systems, Sandevices, Minleon, Audio Visual Devices and Aztronics Enfield, so a big thank you to each of them and the persons who organised them. And finally thanks to the attendees for sharing their knowledge and answering/asking questions - as without them, the mini wouldn't have been the nearly the same.

Group photo in front of Karob's tree:

Some of the demos that people brought along:
View media item 96
regencyxmas deep in thought at how much money he is about to spend on a pixel megatree and software!
View media item 95

grahami2006

Full time elf
I am in NSW and was wondering who did the LSP presentation on Saturday and if there was an additional presentation on Sunday which was recorded. I found the Saturday enlightening. Pity about the mismatch of audio and computer.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
grahami2006 said:
I am in NSW and was wondering who did the LSP presentation on Saturday and if there was an additional presentation on Sunday which was recorded. I found the Saturday enlightening. Pity about the mismatch of audio and computer.

Graham, I did the presentation on both Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately we were having some issues with the recording stream on Sunday due to some now obvious reasons. Perhaps we could offer assistance to you in chat if you have any specific questions.

Also, after review we did realise the audio sync errors, which were likely caused by upload bandwidth. We will be trying something different for next year, which will hopefully have a much better and smoother result

damo1271

Full time elf
Thank you to all who presented and the organisers who made the show possible. I learnt a lot and enjoyed meeting you all.
Also, thank you to those who provided donations, especially Ed for the joshua systems P2.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
damo1271 said:
Thank you to all who presented and the organisers who made the show possible. I learnt a lot and enjoyed meeting you all.
Also, thank you to those who provided donations, especially Ed for the joshua systems P2.
Rub it in some more... thanks Damo.. grrrrr.

I demand a redraw

Glad you had a good time.. I know i did

Boof63

Senior elf
just like to Ditto all the comments , as a sunday only attendee, I have only praise and thanks to the organisers for a job done well, thaks to matt, ryan, ed, david and alan ,ans aplogies if I missed anyone!!! top job guys and again thanks.
PS thankyou to AVD for the gift voucher door prize I won!!!
cheers Boof63 :D :D :D :D :D

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you exclude the facts that I had the headcold from hell, popped the back out sometime Saturday morning and proceeded to walk like Quasimodo and I was constantly on the verge of losing my voice I had a great time too. Good to catch up and put some faces to names. I hope I help spread a couple of those contagious diseases, CLAP and PAP and not my headcold.
Thanks for putting it all together Matt and co and also to Matt for feeding and watering me and allowing me to get some anti-LSP digs in in person.

Great fun and like all 4 mini's that I have been to well worth the trip.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

Remember for any of those that attended the Adelaide mini can take advantage of the LSP offer of LSP Pro version for the price of the advanced version which will close at midnight tonight.
is the LSP Pro the program that was used on Saturday to demonstrate ?? if so can I please order it thanks

xmaslightshow

New elf
As the representative of Sunnybrae Function Centre, as for the technical issues with the broadcast, we found a few issues.. The line out signal was very! strong resulting in a -10 to -14db reduction required to minimise distortion, our bandwidth upload speed was not strong enough to continuously provide the detail required for the video transmission, a wireless link that kept dropping in and out on the chat room (router mysteriously found in the bin this morning!).. and an E1.31 connection on multicast on the computer also running the display screen at the time dropping broadcast packets on the wireless network..
So what have we learnt..
1. Routers all being replaced (better wireless connections)
2. A Telstra 4G Wireless dongle (purchased)
3. E1.31 controlling PCs not to be on local Lan (wireless turned off)
4. Separate Presentation and display Laptops.
5. PA will feed to an equaliser, lowering and cleaning the audio before going to the stream, will also provide better mix for the external sources (PCs) for balanced audio.
Sunnybrae is working with the organisers to make "Adelaide" the place to be in the Christmas Light Expo world. If you haven't been to Adelaide event, then you don't want to miss the next one!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
All 3 softwares got demonstrated driving the tree. Karob (Rob) demonstrated it first with light-o-rama 3 advanced , Adski (Dave) did it next with Vixen 3.0 and finally Matt ran it with lightshowpro.
LSP is the 1 you need to tap on fasteddys shoulder fast for if that is the 1 you want.

thecrazylightlady said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

is the LSP Pro the program that was used on Saturday to demonstrate ?? if so can I please order it thanks