2013 videos

arw01

Full time elf
You did a great job, the house looks impressive, the effects are spot on the music transitions, and I LOVE those beat sticks along the driveway. Nice innovative idea graduating the height of them front to back. Have to share those with the wife and figure them out (any daytime photos available) for the "black hole" side of the driveway!

Alan

bdt

Apprentice elf
Thanks everyone, couldn’t have done it without the help and advice from the site![SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]
Alan picture attached; I used chain link fence top rail from Home Depot for the posts. The posts come in 10’ lengths, finished lengths are 2’,4’, 6’,8’,10’. I taped SPT-2 wire to the post, 1 for each channel and then wrapped them similar to an arch. Each channel is 2’ long, 200 lights. The top is a 100 light 7” sphere, total of 20 channels per side. I made the stand out of 1½”x ¾” tubing with ¾”x ¾” for the uprights, sandbags keep it from tipping over. I put guide wires on the back 3 posts but didn’t need them, the stand turned out to be plenty strong.[/size][SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]
I plan on replacing them with RGB lights for next year. I would like to try the tubes window tinting comes wrapped around (http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1775.0.html). However the shops I checked with only have red tubes, I’ll keep looking.

Attachments

• P1040690.JPG
    P1040690.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 19