Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Date
24 - 25 May 14 *CONFIRMED*

Matt's House, Hewett (near Gawler) *CONFIRMED*

Door Prizes (There sure is)
Advatek Lights
Minleon - Light Show Pro
San Devices
Christmas Creations
Light-o-Rama

More still coming

https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2014-Mini-Adelaide (link to all the current info)

Proposed Topics
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
??? ?
Corro uses
Pixels in LOR Vs LSP Vs Vixen Vs ?HLS
Coffee consumption for beginners.
Connecting power and lights to different controllers.
User Show and Tell. Bring something from your display

Interested Attendees

Matt
ryanschristmaslights
darylc
AAH
Karob
i13
smartalec
mellowcouple
Cozbert
Boof63
Harrison_Kohn
bjpc2716
Mick8248
Possibly an interstate guest or 5!! and possibly some O/S participants
nzlongfellow

More to follow.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: Adelaide Mini 2014 "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Expo" May 24-25

Well, following a very very successful mini last year, I think it is time again to start our planning for the next in the series of Christmas Light & Computer Control Expos.

I thought it might be a good idea to find out if any of my fellow RADelaidians were keen to be part of a mini right here in the city of churches.

Whilst no specifics have been set in stone , now would be a good time to gather peoples thoughts and determine their intentions. and hopefully some assistance in presenting some topics. Those that were there last year are still probably recovering from my voice, so help me help you and lend your voice and knowledge to the mix.

I am quite happy to get the ball rolling and start the organisation and also work as the host for the day/weekend.

Last years hands on times really set the bench mark, I think a lot of people relished the time seeing how different setups worked, so this year we will follow the same guise. Hopefully we can get ourselfs a mega tree or a matrix here for another demonsytration from the major software in this game.

Please let me know via this thread of your interest, and via PM if you would like to assist. You dont have to be an expert to relay knowledge.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Re: Adelaide Mini 2014 "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

If there is Coke Zero on offer I might make the trip over again. Other than me being near death it was a great weekend this year.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: Adelaide Mini 2014 "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

AAH said:
If there is Coke Zero on offer I might make the trip over again. Other than me being near death it was a great weekend this year.

Great to hear, would be glad to have you back here

Karob

Let there be Light!

Great idea Matt to get the ball rolling so soon.

I cant wait for another mini, with all the changes that happens year to year with our displays and the want to try out new things it is a great place to come and learn, not just for the newbies either.

I am happy to assist again this year with my Pixel Mega Tree and will bring along one of my new pixel projects which is a set of Pixel Mini Trees.

I am sure we will work out the finer points at a later date.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!

Yer i will probly be going again.. but will know more, closer to the time

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

smartalec said:
Ohh sorry Alec, yeah , ummm, we changed the date to last weekend... yeah sorry, thought we sent everyone an email, must have got lost on the interwebz.

Cya there

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!

Matt said:
smartalec said:
Ohh sorry Alec, yeah , ummm, we changed the date to last weekend... yeah sorry, thought we sent everyone an email, must have got lost on the interwebz.

Cya there

you would do that..lol

mellowcouple

Full time elf

Count me willing to help out anyway I can.
Ron.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

mellowcouple said:
Count me willing to help out anyway I can.
Ron.

Excellent Ron... Over to you, your now running it
:p

cozbert

Full time elf

i just need to check if im supposed to be on call but i shall do my best to get there :)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

nzlongfellow said:
I am interested in my 1st mini as newbe to the public arena.
well if you are in South Australia, by all means come along. Otherwise, we will be endeavoring to stream it again this year in HD.