Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25

Well ladies and gents, I apologise for not securing the venue yet, this is out of my control ATM.

So looking at backup plans, there is the option if required, that I could host the event at my place. I have enough room, interwebz and cooking facilities, however, for those people flying in for short visits, I can assure you, I live nowhere near the Airport.

So I am asking if any other Adelaide member knows of a cheap (preferably free) venue which could accommodate us and has internet available.

Feel free to PM me else post in here.

A mini will go ahead. The venue is the only grey area at present

Boof63

Senior elf

Have to put in apology folks , due to family matters (anniversary) I will not be in SA for the weekend in question.
(Crows V Carlton at the MCG) So a family holiday has been arranged. So my apologies and hope it all goes well at Matts house!!!

cheers Boof63 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

wingie

New elf

ill be there.. :)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

Ladies and gents, presently, I still havent received word back from our previous venue hosts. (not to say we wont soon).

I will confirm however, that there will be a mini, on the dates listed.

The venue, tentatively will be my house / garage / area. Plenty of room for us all.

As I said, the venue may change, but atleast the date wont.

damo1271

Full time elf

I will be a tentative, depending on my son and care.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator

I have just heard that Sunnybrae Function Centre is available to us for the May 24-25 weekend! :D

Thanks regencyxmas. 8)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well as Ryan has mentioned, We are officially a go for RAdelaide Mini.

I will ask Ryan to add the attendance register at the top of this thread.

What I am really looking for now, is topic suggestions and presenters to come forward. Would also like to confirm our interstate and international guests attendance.

I know I said last year we would focus on hands on and this year I intend to double if not triple that effort. Whilst there will still be some topics presented on the projector for everyone, others will be on an adhoc basis, there will also be plenty of time between sessions to actually touch and play with the things just discussed (except electrocutions and poor power setups)

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
time to change the wiki information then..

if you get desperate for people to dribble b/s im sure i could help there..lol

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Guys, im not forgetting about this, I apologise for no updates, but with work at the moment I am flat out. Please lets keep this thread alive and post your topic suggestions and your support availabilities. The more the merrier.

Also note, the headline act for Sunday will be the Removal of Alec's beard.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
1 topic I'd like to see is someone setting up a PI as an alternative to using a PC for a playback device. I have a PI and if necessary I could do the reading up on it if no-one else wants to step up.
I could talk on LOR, network topologies, soldering, modding lights, working out power requirements, general electronics or just about anything else.
If anyone is interested I can talk them through how to implement my 2811DC boards into a pixel network and also the features of my Mega60 boards. I should have about half dozen new boards that I'll show off at the mini.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
I have 2 Arduino projects i can talk about..

1. komby's e1.31 to wireless pixel's
2. Jago's e1.31 to 4 universe's

thats if people are intrested tho..

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ladies and Gents.

I unfortunately have to inform everyone that we will not be able to use the function centre previously agreed upon. Im not in a position to explain the reasons for this, however, the function room is unavailable to anyone at that stage.

As the fall back plan (unless someone can find a different venue) we will conduct this at my house.

Firstly a big thank you to Ed for all he has done for us previously and what was goiung to happen for us.