Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Hi Matt I will bring my singing tree and maybe we can try and write a short sequence to run it.

Ron

cozbert

Full time elf
Hey guys,
it doesnt look like my funds will be able to cover another trip to Adelaide for a whlie yet.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Looking forward to attending this one. I am a bit short on space in my carry on luggage so I wont bring a cake, However I will be bringing my Raspberry PI, Laptop, J1sys P2 controller and some strip connected to it to demonstrate LSP>xlights>Raspberry PI to run a show as an alternative to running it from a computer.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
mellowcouple said:
Hi Matt I will bring my singing tree and maybe we can try and write a short sequence to run it.

Ron

Sounds great Ron. Should be intersting.

cozbert said:
Hey guys,
it doesnt look like my funds will be able to cover another trip to Adelaide for a whlie yet.

Coz, thats a real shame. Hopefully next year.

superman said:
Looking forward to attending this one. I am a bit short on space in my carry on luggage so I wont bring a cake, However I will be bringing my Raspberry PI, Laptop, J1sys P2 controller and some strip connected to it to demonstrate LSP>xlights>Raspberry PI to run a show as an alternative to running it from a computer.

Steve, to save some space, What strip do you need? I have some spare 2812B 5V here.

Superman

Global moderator
superman said:

Steve, to save some space, What strip do you need? I have some spare 2812B 5V here.

All Good mate, Should only need one pair of Jocks

Karob

Let there be Light!
Hi Matt

I will be bring one or 2 of my Pixel Mini trees which I hope will include working Star on top, something that did not get finished for last years show.

But more importantly I have requested the misses get her cooking shoes on and will provide some tasty cake or sweet items to keep us full over the weekend.

Looking forward to the catch up and a great weekend.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Karob said:
Hi Matt

I will be bring one or 2 of my Pixel Mini trees which I hope will include working Star on top, something that did not get finished for last years show.

But more importantly I have requested the misses get her cooking shoes on and will provide some tasty cake or sweet items to keep us full over the weekend.

Looking forward to the catch up and a great weekend.

Excellent, the cooking will be greatly appreciated and the pixels mini trees, yeah they will look nice next to my megatree. hmmmm, hope you dont expect to leave with them.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Great news everyone, LOR are onboard now and have provided a very generous prize for our door prize.

We also have word that a local meat distribution facility may be assisting us with the provision of hearty meat goodness for the BBQ... mmmm mmmm mmmmmm.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well, its full steam ahead.

I have been in contact with a number of people and things seem to be coming together well.

Ryan has completed the graphics for the mini so from the presenters, if you need a copy, please let me know and I will share a link to them. For consistency, if you are presenting using powerpoint, could you use these as your background. (adski, superman, AAH)

As for the food. Looks like we may be onto a winner thanks to jb09 and his contacts.
I will source some eggs, the bread and condiments for the BBQ and sandwiches.
Karob is bringing some sustenance thanks to the missus. Might have to get my misses involved in this also.

I will bring the disruptive kids for the first part of Saturday. Fear not though, I will have them chained up the the wall heater under the stairs so we should only hear the occasional muffled yelp when they pass out and lean against the hot blades.

I will abuse AAH upon his arrival in Adelaide to assist in setup on Friday. Might get the mega tree up and working for the show and tell, because really, we want something big to play with. :p

When I go to pick Steve up from the airport (he better arrive sober) I will grab anything else I need to at that stage.

Can I ask that those who have offered to bring display items, that you remember those, I think we have a few mini pixel trees, singing trees, 3d cuplight setup.

Can I ask if someone has a variable volt power supply / transformer that you bring that, will make it easy for one of the elements coming. (need 31 volts)

Final preparatory stages occurring now. I feel extremely under prepared but am sure with the 17 or more of us that will be in attendance, it will be a good couple of days.

As for the address:

51 Osprey Parade, Hewett.

Dont forget your laptops and where possible, your trial versions of software. I will setup some links for other software and hand those out when you arrive.

As a wrap up, there is currently over $1000 in door prizes. So it pays to be there. (will be drawn on Sunday, you have to be in attendance on one of the days (and have paid your $5 to be eligible))

See you all then.

8:30am Saturday 24 May

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Bugger. I don't have trial versions. Only have full versions of LOR and LSP. I will have xlight/nc, da_dmx, da_e131, papagayo and who knows what else on the lappy.

AAH

I also have vixen 2.5, vixen 3, lights up, mplab (for updating firmwares), Excel for showing off/editing channel lists, da_start and probably a whole bunch more blinky software.

Superman

Global moderator
No guaranties i'll get off the plane sober there is some sort of time travel involved as I seem to nearly get there before I take off, Butt getting home takes a lot longer.

I will be bringing some fun little controllers for stand alone use and my 2811 strip has a resistor that needs repair if anyone wants to have a look at that

AAH

Does your Butt travel separately with you on the return trip or does it go by itself?

superman said:
No guaranties i'll get off the plane sober there is some sort of time travel involved as I seem to nearly get there before I take off, Butt getting home takes a lot longer.

I will be bringing some fun little controllers for stand alone use and my 2811 strip has a resistor that needs repair if anyone wants to have a look at that