Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Quite happy to open my house up to the Adelaide light enthusiast to come for pilgrimage to the lighting gods and pixel lords.
Thank you to all for the excellent discussions we had and for the information that was passed on through various means and presenters.

Special thanks goes to our interstate guests, Superman and AAH, also big thanks to adski, jb09 and ryanschristmaslights. Without your input and support, this mini definitely would not have gone ahead as well as I feel it did.

For those who attended, I truly hope you got something out of the mini and for those that won prizes, congratulations. I will be in contact in the next day or two (via PM) searching for additional detail from you if required for the vouchers.

To recap the winners, please see below. There have been some prize exchanges internally, however as the record stands, the main prizes are here.

Winner ID | Prize
adski (Dave)................................: Advatek Lights – Pixlite 16 ($230USD)
ryanschristmaslights (Ryan): Christmas Creations - $100 Frame voucher
i13 ( ??? ??).................................: J1Sys - $150USD voucher
damo1271 (Damien).............: Light-o-Rama - $250USD online order voucher
deblen (Len)...............................: Minleon LSP Professional Edition ($399)
CrazyLightLady (Teressa).....: Sandevices E6804 Pixel board kits ($78USD)
JB09 (John)..................................: Christmas Creations - $100 Frame voucher
Superman (Steve)....................: Madrix Starter ($499) - Stellascapes
mellowcouple (Ron)..............: Sandevices E6804 Pixel board kits ($78USD)
Matt (Matt).................................: Minleon LSP Advanced Edition ($249)
hcl (Lindy)....................................: Hanson Electronics 2801 or 2811DC15 board ($40)

Also, To Alec, congratulations on winning the streaming attendance prize, you can download your prize directly from the following link. HERE.

Thank you again to all. As I mentioned, any profit raised would be given to charity, It was the red cross door appeal today and they received $10 as a donation.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
Another great day at the Christmas Mini today, thanks to Matt[/size] once again for your unbelievable generosity, I13 and Mellowcouple for helping me to understand how to plug everything in and to Superman, for sitting with me for and hour and a half, explaining to me how to write a sequence on LSP. and to anyone else i havent mentioned, You guys are the greatest and cant wait to show of my mega tree at Christmas.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Thanks Matt for a great weekend! And thanks to the various door prize contributors - Advatek Lights, Christmas Creations, Hanson Electronics, Joshua 1 Systems (j1sys), LightORama, Minleon, Sandevices, Stellascapes. Congrats to all the winners!

Hosting the event at your house did contribute to a slightly more informal experience vs the last couple of mini's. There was a comfortable amount of space for the group we had - it almost seems like suitability for hosting a mini was a prerequisite on the house hunting task :p ;) .

A number of attendees appeared to have eyes on adski's spinner (you got it home safely I hope - what with all the CLAP-ers on the road ;) . It was quite interesting to see the INK1003 strip's dual 12v/5v option in person, as well. Just when you think the only thing that could improve is the amount of bits (5-bit, 8-bit, etc) and thus smoother colour mixing .. but this makes intelligent RGB just that little bit more flexible.

Regarding the stream recording, there's a little editing to be done to see if the audio can be improved at all.

PS: Thanks to Christmas Creations for the $100 voucher!

adski

Dave Brown
I can only reiterate previous comments - I thought that the practical demos and the individual and group discussions were particularly useful. Minis are a great avenue for sharing knowledge and ideas, so thank you to everyone who contributed.

I hope I didn't lose too many with my Vixen 3 "handwaving", but those who experienced the patching nightmare from 12 months ago certainly would have appreciated the massive improvement in the current release.

Again, a special thank you to the prize donors. I promised Matt that I wouldn't gloat, but clearly, I have to offer personal thanks to Advatek for the Pixlite 16 - rest assured that it will be put to good use.

Dave

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
i swapped the board out for the inside of an old DVD player.. He will be none the wiser until he tries to plug lights into it and it wont work.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator