Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

Karob

Let there be Light!
Thanks for the update Matt.

I would like to firstly say thank you to Ed for the support he has given to the Adelaide Mini over the years and what he was hoping to do again this year.

Secondly I will be happy to have it anywhere (apart from either Alec's or Ron's house, for distance purposes only) If you are willing to put up your home to accommodate people I will be happy to attend.

please let me know if you need a hand to set up anything for the mini, maybe we can do a full test of your display for demonstrations at the mini.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
thats a bit of bad news about the function centre, but Ed did a wonderful job making the adelaide mini the success it is today by having a great venue.

but im sure we could all fit into matt's garage, or maybe a marquee as well to help fit everyone in.
Thanks again Matt for being backup plan to host the mini.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok, Work has butted its lovely head in for the period leading upto the mini, I am seeking peoples thoughts on dropping the Adelaide Mini down to a Adelaide 1 day mini.. We will still crack on from about 9am and finish around 5 or 6 (with a Barbi tea or similar)

Location can still be my place. I can still do two days but will seriously need some other peoples assistance to get thisn thing organised.

Over the next week or so, I will be knuckling down and setting the sequence of events for the mini, so please pass me your ideas.

Also, looking for a few people to bring some items for show and tell. This year will be 90% hands on rather then death by powerpoint.

Thoughts?!?!?

Cheers.. (The absent-like Matt) I will be back on the forums in mass soon.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Second days work well as how-to workshops.
I'm more then happy to do some practical demos on the Sunday as my plane doesn't leave till late Sunday night

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Great idea Steve, We could have a winner there.

Ok, Lets run with 2 days (Sheesh, I better clean some space in the Garage)

Already I have the following to discuss.

...........?
...........?
...........?
Pixel setups within LOR, LSP, Vixen/ HLS / anything else

I really do want to make sure that this year we focus on the hands on stuff and the face yto face answers, I feel that there is a need for some of the more formal presentations.

I am more then happy this year to demonstrate editing music (music manipulation) IRL. (I will have access for people to software for use on your pers computers/laptops)
Damo can give another presso on wireframes
Superman can give another on Rasberry Pi devices and whatever else he dcan get in his suitcase.
AAH can go throug his pixel converters and DMX boards along with data transfer through these (how it all works)

Who else wants to help, remember, we are going to be in a house, so therefor public speaking really doesnt count.. We will be lounging around this year.

As a side note, I do need someone with access to a light projector. If you have one we can borrow, that would be great.

Lithgows waterproofing and current measurements.
I have

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok guys,

I have started promulgating the information on the wiki page for the day. Please note, this is definately NOT set in stone. More set in very very watery jelly.

If you want to add your name to something or discuss something. Let me know.

Also, please let me know of any vendors you think may wish to assist us, I have a list currently, but that is mainly the major players, I am looking to help the smaller venders also.

Wiki Link

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
smartalec said:
will this years mini be streamed live matt?
Well I still hope to have some streaming this year, uncertain what / how much we will invest into the streaming. If we were using a different venue, it would make life easier.

To all,

Today is the day I start locking in things, including completing topics and requesting official help from supporters and sponsors.

If you are able to assist me, pm me or hit me up in chat.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well, so far I have had a very positive response for assistance from the vendors and businesses that really make this hobby of ours, affordable and provide us with excellent products.,

So I would like to formally start the thank these businesses.

Advatek Lights
Minleon - Light Show Pro

more to come......

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Looks like SanDevices, and Christmas Creations have both jumped on board and are offering their assistance to the mini.

Never did I think I would receive such a wonderful response so fast. Thank you all.

I do wish to now ask for attendees to bring an element / controller they would like to show off. Please detail below if you can assist.

Ron, I have you and your singing face.
I will set up a 4m high 12 strip 2812B megatree + some other stuff.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
IF my boards turn up from the pcb loader I will chuck in something into the kitty. I'll be bringing a few bit and pieces to show off. mega60, 2811dc15, 2811dc30, 2801dc15, 2801dc30 and hopefully my new DMX36. I'll also have usb dongle, P2, some lights and other stuff to play with. My lappy will be on hand with LOR, LSP, xlights, da_dmx, da_e131 and who knows what else on it.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
AAH said:
IF my boards turn up from the pcb loader I will chuck in something into the kitty. I'll be bringing a few bit and pieces to show off. mega60, 2811dc15, 2811dc30, 2801dc15, 2801dc30 and hopefully my new DMX36. I'll also have usb dongle, P2, some lights and other stuff to play with. My lappy will be on hand with LOR, LSP, xlights, da_dmx, da_e131 and who knows what else on it.

Sounds great Alan. Cant wait to see what else you have devised. Dont forget, your B&B comes at a price. You got some talking to large groups to do, so leave your Melbournian cold and flu in Bendigo.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
I have gone the whole time since last visit without a cold. I really hope that my body isn't saving up for another big 1.