Melbourne/Vic 2014 - Melbourne Mini - 17th to 18th of May

multicast

Senior elf
Re: 2014 - Melbourne Mini

The lights in winter runs all of June, so maybe the third weekend of June is better?

caffeine

Full time elf

andrew_frazer said:
The lights in winter runs all of June, so maybe the third weekend of June is better?

*shrugs*

I'll leave it to people with more experience than me to pick/vote on dates. Only thing I can think of is mid-year might be a bit late for people to then use that knowledge for ordering for 2014 but I've never done it before so I'll be guided by everyone else.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf

Either 3rd week of June or 17th 18th May, if you leave it any later into June i reckon its getting too late.
And ditto for Tuppets digs, if he's offerin. Ive been to the last 2 there and its ideal. Has everything thats needed.
I dont mind helping out either so long as Im available on the dates picked.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

ԆцряєсϮ said:
Either 3rd week of June or 17th 18th May, if you leave it any later into June i reckon its getting too late.
And ditto for Tuppets digs, if he's offerin. Ive been to the last 2 there and its ideal. Has everything thats needed.
I dont mind helping out either so long as Im available on the dates picked.

Just one thing that Ryan reminded me about for this year was School Holidays. (attempt to avoid them) I think 27 June is the start of school holidays for Vic.

multicast

Senior elf
Re: 2014 - Melbourne Mini - PICK YOUR DATE

I've penciled in the dates in, if you can nail them down before end of Feb, i would be able to make it.

I'm happy to run two sessions;

Networks for Lighting - Newbie / I dont' know what this is, but i'm keen to find out.
Multicast, its not magic - A deeper dive into some of the nuances of lighting networks, for Lighting geeks.

multicast

Senior elf

I'm just wondering if it woudl be good to have some streams of sessions, to cater for the various different levels of experience and for differnet Interests.

:) Theres a broom cupboard to house the crowd for the LOR sessions.

ecbailey

Full time elf

Lets just set a date to get the prizes :p

Odd poll, about 5 votes but vote count says 36 :eek: [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support

OK so as Caffeine has stepped up I see my thoughts on date for the 2014 Melb Mini are:

Sat 24th and Sun 25th May could work.
Sat 30th May and Sunday 1st June a possibility
Sat 8th and Sunday 8th no chance as it is a long weekend and a lot of people of people will have other things to do.
Sat 15th and Sun 16th a chance

After this it is getting too late.

Lights in Winter is on from the 1st to 22nd June at Fed Square. I went last year and really was unimpressed so don't see a reason to link to the mini.

White Night festival is really the better one but it is in Feb. They have a couple of interesting lighting displays (eg Vortex at Southbank or Flinders St Station 3D projections) but also a lot of other stuff. Might be better to have a separate night for this where some of us get together. Tess and I had fun last year.
http://whitenightmelbourne.com.au/events/

caffeine

Full time elf

Haven't really stepped up oh Dad of Tuppet, just being selfish as I'm one that will benefit greatly from there being a mini so wanting to make sure it happens :)

Great news that we can steal your venue again. Thanks!

The only problem with the other two dates you mention are that they clash with the Adelaide and Sydney minis. That obviously doesn't exclude them, but there are apparently people that would like to attend multiple (particularly vendors) and/or watch the stream of the others where their may be different information.
I don't really know, just going off feedback there.

Looking more and more like the mid-June date but we'll leave it running for a week as it would be good to ensure we get maximum attendance.

I'll be as tired as buggery (Queen's birthday I virtually get no sleep, and it appears I might be also running some lights in Warragul this year as well to add to the fun).

Starting to come together it seems.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support

so that makes it 18th & 19th May

....I'm done! 8) (OK Andrew where is my prize???)

multicast

Senior elf

tuppetsdad said:
so that makes it 18th & 19th May

....I'm done! 8) (OK Andrew where is my prize???)

Sigh, i hate it when peopel dont' read the rules.. ( your prize ).. Sadly its Prizes for the people who are comign along!!

I'll find you something special next week if i get a spare moment at the SEG

caffeine

Full time elf

I read the rules, and also love loopholes.

Holding a mini at 6/1/2014 at my house. Unfortunately I'm the only attendee, but it made the lucky door raffle quite simple. :)

multicast

Senior elf

caffeine said:
I read the rules, and also love loopholes.

Holding a mini at 6/1/2014 at my house. Unfortunately I'm the only attendee, but it made the lucky door raffle quite simple. :)

Yeah, it did. The prize pack is on its way. Have you got a spare space in your garden for a brick?