Melbourne/Vic 2014 - Melbourne Mini - 17th to 18th of May

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I should be there 8(ish) both days and will probably be there until stumps. I will work on bringing down as many tint tubes as I can squeeze in.

Don't forget. If you have a laptop and want to flash some lights make sure you bring it along and we'll get you connected. There'll be a range of different light type to connect to.

Topics are still flexible right up until about 5pm this Sunday so if there is something you want to find out about or talk about just sing out. My latest thought was a talk on translating the specs on Rays website to what it means on your display.

Alan

gerry

Senior elf
Have we settled on what we are doing for lunch ? Are we ordering from subway (I assume that was what was done on Day1 last year) and if so, tuppetsdad said that they need to be advised before re rough numbers.

AAH

I don't really care what we have for lunch. A couple of snags in bread is fine as far as I'm concerned but I don't care what I eat. Subway is good but overpriced in my opinion but I'm happy to bow to the masses.

For anyone still wanting to come there's ample seats still available. Wives and girlfriends are welcome (don't bring both on the same day). Just add yourself on the registration thingy ^^^^^^^. At the moment I'm the only 1 with a +1 and that's my father in law. If anyone else is planning on bringing a +1 or more you can edit your details above.

See you all Saturday/Sunday.

Alan

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Just a bit of feedback on what we have done with Food etc last few mini's.

Tea/Coffee/Sugar (Not real Milk), etc we have in our office and you are welcome to use. We don't have biscuits etc

If you want to order Subway closest one is Subway High St Kew. You need to order before 5.00 PM day before for pick up on Saturday morning. Last time we ordered 2 x Platter B ($55 each) and 1 x Cookie Platter ($25 each) which is really cheap per person.

http://www.subway.com.au/Catering/site/ChooseOrder.asp

BBQ no problem - yes Ewan we have utensils, BBQ sauce etc for it and gas.. Just need to clean up afterwards

I will get there approx 8.00 AM on Saturday to open up.

We have plenty of power points, extension leads, adaptors etc.

Internet access (same password as last time) is all set up.

Projector and screen etc same as before. Will bring VGA cable... If your PC only has HDMI then we can use a different projector.

Plenty of space and power in warehouse (it was full last month but all shipped to customers now) so please feel free to build things. Will have 4 x (maybe 6) trestle tables

Meeting room seat about 30 or so. Let me know if you have more as will bring a few more seats from downstairs.

Tess and I will sort some form of streaming ........Yes Ryan if you want to see it you need to help us!

If anybody needs some stuff for demo's training etc then let me know and probably we have some stuff in our 40' Container.

See you all soon

Tuppetsdad

AAH

There is a big whiteboard and markers unless Bruce has changed things around.

multicast

Senior elf
AAH said:
There is a big whiteboard and markers unless Bruce has changed things around.

Everyone has whiteboards.. Chalk is the new cool office stationary item.

ewanh

what goes here?
Summing up morning catering....

tuppetsdad has tea, coffee, covered....
I can't scroll back now, but I think battle79 said he will get eggs... (someone did...)
I'll get some bread and bacon.

Whilst I am there, what about a big plate of snags, maybe some burgers and a BBQ lunch? happy to organise at the same time. I know AAH doesn't mind, I don't. What about others?

I might not be able to last to stumps on each day due to family commitments.
I might +1 if my 10 year old wants to come, she hasn't decided.......

AAH

Lunch was a tossup between BBQ and subway. There was a vote in chat between BBQ and subway which went 3:1 to BBQ but 2 of the BBQ votes were from interstaters that aren't attending.

diyer

Full time elf
I'll bring some burgers, onions, cheese singles and rolls, anybody that wants healthy stuff on it can bring it themselves ::)

multicast

Senior elf
So summary is. Bring some $$$ in your pocket, so you can contribute/ buy your lunch dinner.

I'll probably go down the street for dinner on Satuday night, if anyones keen for some fine austrailan cruisine.