Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June locked in

I think that we should firm in these dates, the only thing we need is to firm up the venue

Habbosrus

Back again
Re: 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June maybe?

I will attend this year for sure. I had plans of attending last year but unfortunately unforeseen circumstances prevented this. So, please count me in.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive

greg58 said:
Driver said:
Seriously considering flying down from BNE for this!

Happy to demo my custom Wi-Fi xmas lights setup - remotely-ish - as I won't be able to lug the gear down :)

Must be some wifi system to work from Sydney to Brisbane.

I'll set it up in my garage with a webcam. Can jig the 'wifi-interface' to work via the internet for this.

Or if someone local can bring a large matrix, I can probably just rejig the software to fit that :)

i am there.
anyone keen on a vivid harbour cruise on the sydney harbour funboat let me know as dave the dophin will gives us a great deal.

and hopefully have some coro demos using cnc laser cutting and cnc router. any ideas or designs pm me details pls.

talk2coxie

Full time elf

I should be good to go again this year but will play it by ear as the time gets nearer. Will have to wait for the wife's work schedule and before you all jump in saying there is no excuse I'll be there if you look after my kids :)

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf

I spoke to the General Manager of SFM and he has confirmed his support again for this year! I will officially book 2 rooms for 31st May and 1st June 2014 tomorrow. SFM is allowing us access to the full range of facilities free of charge which are rented out to seafood associated industry groups @ $800 a day per room.

Unless the plans change from last year, the first day (afternoon) will be for setup of those exhibiting and require more than an hour or so to set up. The second day will be the mini. This year I will book a second room with the same facilities as the usual room. Perhaps we can have simultaneous presentations to maximise the learning for both experienced and beginners, or maybe LOR and LSP users? We could program a choose your own adventure!

Catering. As to last year. $10 a head and I will book a seafood lunch and supply tea coffee, soft drink water, juice all day as well as a welcome nibble, morning tea and afternoon tea. (cash payable on the day)

Can I put it out there, would any ladies or gentlemen associated with our group (wives, hubbies, children.....) like to come along and help run the catering side of things with me. Last year was good. I had time to enjoy the mini rather than just working behind the scenes all day.

Also, we will need to know who is not eating fish and chips for lunch or has a specific dietary requirement that I need to take into consideration.

Parking as to last year. Free parking next door to SFM in the concrete plant (Hymix parking permit required). An additional unloading pass will need to be issued for those needing to access SFM to unload equipment. I'll issue all parking and unloading passes about 2 weeks prior to the event to those who have confirmed their attendance.

Personal comment: last year we started the mini at 9am and finished the mini about 4.30pm. After we packed up, cleaned up and left SFM it was almost 7pm. Then we had to drive home, unpack and reintegrate back into our normal lives. Considering it is a Sunday and work day the following day.......any chance we can start at 8am and finish at 3pm/3.30pm?

Is there anything I have missed?

Summary: SFM is the confirmed venue for the Sydney Mini on 31st May and 1st June 2014 ;)

Benslights

Dedicated elf

I agree with you shire 3:30 would be a good idea for finishing time as a lot of people are driving from all over the place.

I also think we should start vivid at 6:30 Circular Quay. as we did not get to see enough last year.

and as shire said can we have volunteer's to help with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.

and lets start suggestions of what we want done at this years mini

Benslights

Dedicated elf
sydney mini and vivd light festival booked for 31st May - 1st of June!!!!

Ok Guys and Gals

here is some detail on the Sydney mini 2014

Dates and Times

When: 31 may -1 June 2013

Costs: $15 - $20 Where: Sydney Fish Markets

Saturday May 31st we will be visiting the Vivid light festival http://www.vividsydney.com/

time to be advised and meeting location

Sunday 1st june

mini at the Sydney fish markets

time TBA

so please post here if you are coming to the mini and also post topics you would like spoken about at this years mini.

a spread sheet will be placed up on the wiki page once all topics and speakers are confirmed.

if you would like to speak on something please put your hands up the more that get involved the better. also we will be keeping each section to a max of 30 mins so that the day flows and we do not get bogged down on 1 topic.

we will also be looking at helpers for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. so please put your hand up for this also.

look forward to reading your posts

wiki post for Sydney mini is http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2014_Mini_(Sydney)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Re: sydney mini and vivd light festival booked for 31st May - 1st of June!!!!

people coming

Saturday night confirmed attendees
Yagoona Lights
Christmas in the Shire
Firebug

Sunday confirmed attendees
Yagoona Lights
Christmas in the Shire
Firebug

Lucky door prizes

donated by Andrew frazer - set of 4 Stellacapes Sun-12 high power RGBW Light fixtures, with a E1.31 controller / power supply. ( value $1995 )

firebug

Senior elf

Firebug confirmed Sunday. .. 8)

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive

Hi!

I'm planning on flying down from Brisbane this year with my gf.

If there's interest, I'd be happy to present about my 10+ years of computerised lights and more specifically, my Wi-Fi interactive matrix display I built last year so guests could 'get their name in lights'. (If someone can bring a large e1.31 pixel matrix I'll probably be able to organise setting up a demo via my laptop/Access-Point that can I bring with me. Otherwise I'll setup my matrix at home and view/stream it via webcam - although that won't be as exciting then)

mborg10

Michael Borg
I'm in for Sunday but tentative about Saturday. If I come Saturday it will just be me. The wife will be 3 weeks from due date.

Last year I put down no seafood for me but the fish that was bought up was fresh and tasty so I'll just stick with the seafood. The money you pay on the day is well spent and you definitely don't leave hungry.

I had my turn in the kitchen last year for morning tea. It's not that much work and you don't miss out on anything, it just frees shires time up so he can have a look around as well. Don't worry he still sticks his head in to check on things, so some new volunteers would be good.

I won't be doing a talk, but I plan on bringing down some of my 1.2m tall candy canes with the 16 sections and modules for people to look at and maybe some of the stars from my roof.

Lastly I'd like to thank shire and the fish markets for organizing the room, parking and everything else that goes along with the day.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If you are interested in attending then please register your interest using the register link at the top left of this thread as this will be how we will manage the potential number of attendees