Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I had planned the following items to bring down:

A board with P2, fuses, a couple of lights, and PSU showing how I lay them out to fuse (and probably power inject as well), in an easy to understand layout

Some gear to show voltage and current measurement (as a few missed out last year)

A controller in a box (27 chan controller in a 90mm drainage pipe)

Any other requests for gear to be shown?

I don't want this to just be a Minleon, Ray Wu, Stellascapes display, so would also love to see as many different items shown on the day, so if you have something different, bring it along too!

mborg10

Michael Borg
Something that interacts with the show would be cool like drivers wifi or a wii drum kit or buttons to get the crowd involved. Superman showed us some good animatronics last year.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok well lets get the software side of it out of the road from the start. lets find someone to do a simple overview of each software program 15 minutes each. then later we can split up into groups for more advanced lesson on each program. that can be run at the same time as we have 2 rooms this year so we can split them in half and have 4 things going at once.

so lets get some volunteers for

LSP - (guessing it will be eddy )

LOR - (BBJOHN as I know you wanted to do more last year)

nutcracker -

HLS -

please post others if you like

talk2coxie

Full time elf
lithgowlights said:
A board with P2, fuses, a couple of lights, and PSU showing how I lay them out to fuse (and probably power inject as well), in an easy to understand layout

Dave, I'm very interested in a good way to correctly fuse PSU's. I need to get that done properly this year

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I agree ll it would be best if we could have more hands on things this year. I was even thinking a soldering lesson for those that have never soldered anything before

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
Something that interacts with the show would be cool like drivers wifi or a wii drum kit or buttons to get the crowd involved. Superman showed us some good animatronics last year.

Anyone got a Matrix they can bring? I will just need to know pixel dimensions and layout/pixel order, etc.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Driver said:
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:

Anyone got a Matrix they can bring? I will just need to know pixel dimensions and layout/pixel order, etc.

We will see what we can organise closer to the date

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Be Warned.
Accommodation in Sydney is rapidly disappearing for this weekend. I’ve just booked mine and the Hotel informed me that the International Rotary Assoc is having some huge conference that weekend also.
I managed to get a room the same place I stayed last year which was “Novatel Sydney Central” after trying to get something a bit closer but most of it is already booked.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival-Place your Interest Now to secure your spot

Just a reminder for those new and old thinking of attendiing the Sydney mini, please add your self to the list by registering on the above left hand side register link

You do not want to miss this with great prizes, great people, great food, great knowledge, and a great venue which makes for a an experience you wont forget. This is an event you dont want to miss

REGISTER YOUR INTERESTS NOW

greg58

Full time elf
Thanks Superman, I have booked 2 nights, Friday and Saturday Night at 1888 Hotel. As you said, they are filling up fast and the in some cases the prices are higher than the recommended.

multicast

Senior elf
I'll be happy to do 1 or 2 sessions the same ones that i'll be doing in Melbourne;

(1) Multicast ain't magic. - This will be a pitched at a intermediate to advanced level for those people who are looking to scale their lighting projects to bigger and large counts of devices!, will include some live demonstrations, including a quick look at using Wireshark to debug network problems.. But mostly this will cover Multicast, the nuts and bolts of E1.31, ACN, Multicasting and how to scale things. Prerequistes. You know what an IP address is, a switch is, and can resonably drive your computer. Bring your laptop to this, cause we can play. ( we'll be supporting windows, macos and linux! ) 60minutes.

(2) Ethernet Networks for Lights - A session for those who want to understand enough to plug some stuff in, basics of how IP works, and some basic topologys to copy for your blinky! 60 Minutes. Presquiste, nothing other than being interested.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Andrew

Due to time constraints for the Sydney mini we cannot afford extended durations for individual presentation. However, we have the opportunity of running concurrent sessions and can have you running at the same time as some basic information is presented.

multicast

Senior elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
Andrew

Due to time constraints for the Sydney mini we cannot afford extended durations for individual presentation. However, we have the opportunity of running concurrent sessions and can have you running at the same time as some basic information is presented.

well, whatever works.