Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

multicast

Senior elf
Driver said:
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
Something that interacts with the show would be cool like drivers wifi or a wii drum kit or buttons to get the crowd involved. Superman showed us some good animatronics last year.

Anyone got a Matrix they can bring? I will just need to know pixel dimensions and layout/pixel order, etc.

Yes. got 16 and 256U versions

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Due to work and other commitments, I may be now unable to attend. I am leaving myself as 1 registered, but if we reach the 50, I'll be the first to drop out (I have to take long service leave to attend now and am debating weather 1 day at a mini is worth taking 72 hours leave to attend).

I'll know more and make a decision in a few weeks. Wiki has been edited to remove my input for now

v8manic

New elf
I didn't put the missus down for attending the mini but only for attending the vivid part, She has now said she will help with the food side of things if you guys want.
I will only be after newbie info not advanced stuff just yet
Cheers Wade

Benslights

Dedicated elf
we are also looking at streaming the mini gain this year. we will have wifi there at the markets. so I was wondering if anyone has a good webcam and laptop that they could bring to the mini.

You could be our Sydney mini producer and director :eek:

multicast

Senior elf
Please Please Please, if your streaming it, can you get a lapel or similar microphone for the person doing the speaking!! Its amost impossible otherwise to understand!

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Have added myself to the register. Always something to new to be learnt.
Missed out on seeing the cat 5 connecting last year, I could bring some tools and cable if someone is able to show a how to demo, as Lithgow may not be there this year.
Also have some lor boards that need new triacs if someone is able to help me out there too.
I have a few things I can show about lor setups from the basic right threw to pixels.
Looking forward to another mini get together, don't know if we can make it to meet up for the vivid as traveling from Batemans Bay, however I will check it out with my family while we are there.
Cheers
John

Benslights

Dedicated elf
John it would be great to learn more about LOR from you so we look forward to you helping out there and we can do a cat5 cable making demo for all I guess and bring the boards along. myself or one of the other guys can change the triacs for you.

so we have

LSP covered with Eddy

LOR covered with John

HLS ??? ??? ?

Vixen ??? ???

and any other software gurus are welcome as we like to cover them all so people can make there own choice.

grahami2006

Full time elf

mborg10

Michael Borg
grahami2006 said:
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
ok guys I have been working on the Sydney mini wiki page

any feedback on what you guys want to learn about or present please let us know in this thread and we will add to wiki

wiki link http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2014_Mini_(Sydney)#What.27s_happening_-_Sunday
As I am doing singing faces this year would be interested in any smart tips on sequencing them.
I'm with graham on the singing faces, sequence and build. Also strobes as well for j1sys controllers.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
I did a singing face last year. I could go over papagayo if that helps some. Im no expert on it but we could have a look at it an exporting to LOR

Benslights

Dedicated elf
that would be great John perfect for those using LOR. and ll could do it for LSP users if things change I guess