Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

v8manic

New elf
Thanks for running this guys, It was a helpful day. The missus wasn't to happy though as I have come home with ideas on how to spend more money.

Cheers Wade

Benslights

Dedicated elf
that is one area we can all help you with on this site Wade

thanks for coming it was great to see so many people as the people is what makes the day

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Just a quick question. How many strips was on the matrix that Brad was using with his software?

Also was the trellis net 50x50 holes?

I assume it was 50 nodes across.

Cheers

Geoff

bbayjohn

Senior elf
gnarmstr said:
Just a quick question. How many strips was on the matrix that Brad was using with his software?

Also was the trellis net 50x50 holes?

I assume it was 50 nodes across.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff
Brad borrowed my matrix for hid demonstration. Yes the plastic lattice does measure 50 x 50mm
The lights wraped around the chairs on the end.
This is the strip used (3x50) http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html
As you can see in the pic the strips can move along the lattice.
2013-06-14_11-58-27_871_zps4ecf517f.jpg

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
gnarmstr said:
Thanks for that, have you got any video of the matrix in action with words and graphics?

Cheers

It's in the background in many of the video's especially the matrix one

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
gnarmstr said:
Thanks for that, have you got any video of the matrix in action with words and graphics?

Cheers

Yup, John was nice enough to let me hook in to his matrix. It was being driven by my own software to allow the dynamic/interactive name overlay.

My own matrix is very similar, again on garden trellis but in a zigzag 136x10 configuration using the single pixel W2811B stuff. I have videos of mine on http://facebook.com/BradsXmasLights and youtube.com/BradsXmasLights

Regarding the space, I would probably go 100mm vertically if you are planning on laying it flat on the roof. Viewing angle from the ground would probably be better then.