Melbourne/Vic 2015 Melbourne mini

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I'm still keen to make it to the Melbourne mini / holiday at the same time.

Since 30/31st isn't going to work for the Tuppets, it's now not going to work for me as I'm about to book return flights for Sydney the weekend before - instead of flying on to Melb.

What are the weekends in June looking like? Earlier weekends in May aren't ideal for me.

damona

Full time elf
Last years was a great event. Looking forward to 2015 event.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Venue and timing is still a huge issue for a mini this year. Brissie are running theirs on 30-31st May and TuppetsDad can't provide us with his venue again for that date. My shed is available most any time if the Melbournites don't mind heading 160km north.

AAH

I have just sent out PMs to a bunch of Victorians chasing them up for a June mini. Failing some interest I'm happy to have a 1 day meet and greet to have a chat and a play with a bit of gear. If there is a mini then Brad is interested in coming down from Qld and jb09 across from SA.

multicast

Senior elf
Srry, won't' be able to make it this, year.. I've already used up all my "away" brownie points for this year. and I'm teaching at the Christmas Expo in July…

abundy

Full time elf
Al, thanks for the reminder.
I am unable to help with a venue, but I am interested in anything that is on offer.
Only weekend i can't attend is june 20/21.

Would be great to see something on Vixen3, and if held in Melbourne and the Advatec guys attend, something on how to configure their controllers to handle 32 universes would be great.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Looks like most of my weekends in June are (currently) free so if a mini is held I could hopefully attend. Unfortunately Bendigo is a bit too far away for a catchup should the mini not go ahead.

battle79

Full time elf
I'm busy Saturdays. But free every sunday.

Unfortunately can't help with venue unless weather can be guaranteed to be good! :-(

Could do a sunday drive to Bendigo for a catchup. Could drop in on relatives at same time.

Regards,
Rowan

multicast

Senior elf
tuppetsdad said:
Maybe we can move the Melbourne Mini to NZ?

Mmm. theres an idea. If you wanted to have it in Wellington, i can acquire a venue for the weekend.

bjpc2716

who dares win
8) if numbers are low for the minis we will have it at my place there will be drinks and heaps of food maybe a barque

AAH

Re: 2015 Melbourne mini (I am cancelling)

There isn't a whole lot of interest from the Victorians in organising a mini and I have been crook over the last few weeks so I haven't been up to chasing things up. For this reason I'm giving up on organising 1 for this year.
Out of the 30ish Victorian members that I PMd who had attended previous years there are only a few that have replied on the forum or to my PM. I can't organise a Melbourne venue from Bendigo. Tuppetsdad (Bruce) who has hosted ever since I have been attending them is too busy to host another 1. It's a pretty big commitment to host and organise a mini for 20-30 people especially if the attendees are playing hard to get.
If someone else wants to run a mini and gets the numbers up I am quite likely to make myself available to sneak down and have a chat.

Alan