Sydney/NSW 2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: Register Now!!!!

roo

Full time elf
Actually to be serious I thought I would bring smartalec's temperature sensor, his pixel pi and a $2 mp3 player I was shown at the brisbane mini

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have a new toy that was shown at Brisbane......[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well guys and girls only 5 day till the Sydney Mini. So lets get any final request up on here so we can get them sorted before the last 24 hours

Benslights

Dedicated elf
presenters still needed for
day 1
vixen part 2
lsp part 2
display management
fusing
p10 panels I think bradxmaslights is going to do this
pi and fpp player

day 2
vixen part 3
lsp part 3
wireframe building

if no one wants to talk about any of these subjects we can change them to another. a lot have been showing interest in spending more time of xlights and we can do this if you would like.

need to hear feedback people so we can make this the best mini yet

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Ben,

Fresh from "Sunny Adelaide" I have an idea for a group discussion which I'm happy to lead.
"How to sequence" or maybe "tips and tricks for sequencing"
I would like to perhaps do this early on Saturday to get the brains working then perhaps a follow up on Sunday to see what ideas the group have come up with.

there are lots of "How to" instructions out there for hardware and software but sequencing is more an art form with no real rules or step by step instructions for both newbie and old hands alike. I'm happy to start the ball rolling with some of my ideas and then throw it open to the assembled brains trust for correction / addition / ridicule and so on. Hopefully we can come up with a list of tips that we can publish as a source of ideas and inspiration for others.

How does that sound?

Cheers
Fing

Kitman

Full time elf
Fing said:
Fresh from "Sunny Adelaide" I have an idea for a group discussion which I'm happy to lead.
"How to sequence" or maybe "tips and tricks for sequencing"
I would like to perhaps do this early on Saturday to get the brains working then perhaps a follow up on Sunday to see what ideas the group have come up with.

Cheers
Fing
You came up with this idea based on the fact that Darylc just uses the Random feature for his entire show didn't you?

JonCee

New elf
To chuck in my 2 bobs worth.

I wonder if what Fing is suggesting should in fact be the central thrust of the Mini. A wide ranging discussion on sequencing could be the springboard that gives the Mini a focus on "the show" and subsequently the way to go about producing it. I think as the discussion proceeds all the other topics that have been planned will also flow and be homed in on.

I also suspect that as Ben has mentioned an interest in discussing Xlights at length will emerge at some stage but it may not.

I continue to be in awe of the technical ability we have in this hobby. There is no doubt therefore that whatever comes up the experts and knowledge assembled at the Mini will be able to handle any path it takes.

Just for the record I am a newbie with a mix of LOR AC, DC and a small amount of E1.31.

John

Benslights

Dedicated elf
this is all good info great to see everyone finally putting out what they would like to do at this mini

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I suspect that we will easily be able to fill in the time (may well have trouble fitting it all in actually) as the 15min time slots are quite short - I realise this is so we can get through lots of different topics but if we have topics that aren't being presented, then the topics that are being covered can run a little longer. I know I am doing xlights intro and then later the xlights papagayo stuff and I think I might struggle to keep to 15mins each (although that's probably because I will talk too much). :D

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Guys wow to have logan and fing with their knowledge of xlights and experience together in one place shall be an awesome mini goodluck am sure will go ok my only concern is that our fing has attended all the minis . Is he a mole . Spy . Undercover boss . Does he work for taxation dept . Fun police . Am uncertain . But has been very helpful

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
The provider of Krispy Kremes ?
All will be revealed in due course [emoji41][emoji41]

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
[/quote]
You came up with this idea based on the fact that Darylc just uses the Random feature for his entire show didn't you?

[/quote]

in order to protect the innocent I am unable to comment [emoji13]

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok Guys I need your help

we have Brad flying in Saturday morning at 9am is there anyone coming from that direction that could pick him up on the way through???