Sydney/NSW 2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: Register Now!!!!

gerry

Senior elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2016

darylc said:
Fasteddy said:
Lets hope we can get the fish markets venue and time it with Vivid again

What do others think about Vivid? As a potential visitor I think I'd prefer non Vivid time.

having seen it twice , am not fussed about Vivid. I learnt a lot last year from seeing the stuff several people had made (especially the panels and the BBB and Pi etc) that Daryl showed. I would probably have benefitted from a mini a few weeks earlier as it would have then provided more time to order and get stuff ready.

Benslights

Dedicated elf

I have not asked if we can use the fish markets again this year. as it is not a easy place to get organised. I'm not fussed with it being with vivid as the last few years I have not found it worth doing with a group as to hard to organise.

if someone wants to organise a vivid thing all good and if someone else wants to talk about the Sydney fish markets with Christmas in the shire please do so.

Benslights

Dedicated elf

we are looking at a place in Parramatta this year. more info as soon as we know as nothing is confirmed yet

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

Happy to help, as long as the proposed dates work on my days off, or I can get time off. This year I'd like to get back to Melbourne for the mini, so I'd prefer if the Sydney mini was on my days off to save a few days holidays :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf

sounds like a good idea ll let us know your free dates now so we can work around them as suggested dates

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

April: Sunday 3rd or the 23/24th and 30th/1 May are the only days I have off at the moment

Benslights

Dedicated elf

23-24 of April would work well as it is Anzac day on Monday so may help for those that are traveling.

plus I know I need a day off after the mini

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction

lytnin said:
Vivid Lights in Sydney is on 22nd May to 8th of June.

Was wondering what the heck vivid is just googled and wow looks amazing but would imagine would be lots of tourism during that period. Must visit oneday for vivid lighting

Benslights

Dedicated elf

I visit every year and go about 4 nights much better in small groups and with the family I have found. oh and with brad, troy and daryl. security ladies blocking off a post office box and we so needed to post a letter lol

B_P_J

Full time elf

Ok so hadn't thought of this but I will have a chat to one of our managers here and see if there is any chance maybe we could use something (a room) at one of our clients, not sure yet but Lizzy kind of made me think about it,
We do look after a lot of Leagues Clubs, RSL's, etc, (including Parramatta) I think she is back on Monday, or it could be the 18th, will check anyway..

Chicken Little

New elf

Love to attend as a 1st year novice but 23/24 no go for me (returning from QLD on holidays - last wkend of nsw school holidays). The following wkend 30 Apr/1 May is good though. Pending location and setup, might be able to Skype link with QLD mini to share presentations/discussions/meet & greets? Anyone knowledgeable in this area?

B_P_J

Full time elf

I just saw your post about the Security ladies, pmsl, they were actually really nice, it was the little punk who thought he was tough that wasn't, he was just jealous his drunk girlfriend was chatting me up and wearing my sunglasses, lol

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf

Hi,
just my 10 cents, but I would prefer it if the minis didn't clash as I'm hoping to get to them all as I couldn't make any last year and i owe a a lot of people some beer for all their help. ;)
Cheers
Fing