Event details

Event date
Saturday, May 19, 2018 Sunday, May 20, 2018
Registration deadline
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
darylc darylc 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Heath-LightsOnTapley Heath-LightsOnTapley 2 Spoiler content hidden.
the grinch the grinch 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Karob Karob 1 Spoiler content hidden.
mellowcouple mellowcouple 1
SmartAlecLights SmartAlecLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Merry McSnowballs Merry McSnowballs 1
ryanschristmaslights ryanschristmaslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Ralphyf1 Ralphyf1 2 Spoiler content hidden.
D deblen 1
adski adski 1
cdjazman cdjazman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M mccar 1 Spoiler content hidden.
W WesternLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S steve86ro 1 Spoiler content hidden.
djgra79 djgra79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kitman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kimbo3000 2
Lishfish Lishfish 2 Spoiler content hidden.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
@thecrazylightlady @Kitman sounds great! Show and tell is nice to see. Do think there might be a talk in there somewhere? Such as the kind of pixels you used (bullets, square nodes, strip?) and why, problems you faced (if any) and how you overcame them, or anything else that influenced how you did the wireframe pixel conversion. :)

@Ralphyf1 Sure thing! Your original presentation is on YouTube so as an idea you could reference that (and I'll insert a video link for this year's) and continue/follow on from there, if you like? Singing Christmas Tree Redux/Improved/etc. :)

Please keep the ideas coming :D
The grinch has decided he doesn’t want to show off our new reindeers this year, living up to his name.....unless someone here can talk him into it?

Kitman

Full time elf
Hey fellow Adelaide CLAP'rs.

I have just recently changed jobs and my new schedule includes night's and weekend work, I will be working Friday night through to Saturday morning at this stage for the mini weekend. I am not sure if I will be able to attend the mini on the Saturday since I will be coming off a 12 hour night shift, however I will be fine to attend the mini on Sunday.

As far as my talk on converting wireframes from static to pixels I am more than happy to do it on Sunday however I don't know what the plan is at this stage for the talks, so not sure if this fits the schedule.

Just wanted to let you all know in advance so you can change the schedule if needed.

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
To everyone attending the mini in a few weeks, is there any video showing off your 2017 (or 2016) display that you'd be happy to share? We'd like to incorporate it into the mini weekend :). If you've added a video of your lights to the display videos area in the last year or two then I've already grabbed one of them (thanks for submitting it! :thumbsup:).

Particularly for the following people, if you have a 2017 (or 2016) video then please do share :D
@adski @Boof63 @cdjazman @darylc @Kimbo3000 @LightsOnTapley-Heath @mccar @Ralphyf1

Negative on the video.. Tried recording it but came out crappy..
Some pointers on how to record the lights at night - camera settings, camera used etc would be nice though.. I shall enquire at the mini I guess :)

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hey guys, Not long to go now! xD

Aside from one TBA topic (and a few possible minor changes), the weekend topic schedule is now published on our mini's wiki page :). This is intended as more of a guide. There is some flexibility with the times of each subject.

We've held back the day 1 start slightly so that the interstate attendees don't feel like they have to rush over from their inbound morning flights and miss the introductions.

The prize draw will take place on Saturday afternoon just like last year (with different prizes... to be revealed before lunch)

If anyone is after large metal enclosures, i have 2 i am looking to offload. They are second hand (have a few holes in the bottom if the cabinet is upright, and one large entry gland on one side, and possibly some holes elsewhere)
I can upload pics if anyone is interested (when i get home)
They both have a nice badge on the door that says MEGADATA
they are Rittal style cabinets, and open with Rittal keys... I can provide one with each cabinet

Last edited:

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
If anyone is after large metal enclosures, i have 2 i am looking to offload. They are second hand (have a few holes in the bottom if the cabinet is upright)
I can upload pics if anyone is interested (when i get home)
They both have a nice badge on the door that says MEGADATA
they are Rittal style cabinets, and open with Rittal keys... I can provide one with each cabinet

I may be interested depending on size etc.. thanks

the size is 900 x 600 x 300. Pics are below
iaZFgEk.jpg

LXrKTnm.jpg

KwvkioA.jpg

Note: there is some slight surface rust, scratches etc.

I have two almost identical (one has a dodgy lock)

I have 2 Rittal keys at the moment (require 2 to open them) but i can source two more fairly readily.