Should I add the 4 m strip to the light pole out front?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
It's March - time to start planning the new additions to the display for 2018. I was happy with the way the display ended up in 2017 for a first-year effort. Some areas that I need to improve on (wiring for starters) and just some slight changes to the existing items.
Whats new for 2018?
Making changes to the gutter lines (not happy with the 1 length along the two sides on the right of the house). So rather than 7m and 8 m, halving the lengths. Will also assist with storage.
Adding 10 x Reject Shops lights.
3 x floods behind the hedge at the right side of the property.
7 x North Poles using tint tubes - 5 will go on the left side fence and (hopefully) 2 on the roof
Possibly a 4 m length of strip on the light pole at the front of the house (just out of view in the photo)
A few other things as well, which I will reveal during the year.

Cheers for now
Brad

Last edited:

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Cant wait to see what you come up with for 2018 Brad! 2017 was a great display, especially being your first year. Get rid of the hedge in the front yard so you can see the house and lights behind it ;)

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
I'm still looking for the light pole out front ... :confused:
Council took it away O_O. JK. Its just to the left of the trees on the left-hand side of the image. That's the photo I use to sequence to in xLights so didn't include it at the time. I like the idea of the spinner inside the arches. Maybe something for this year (time permitting) if not its on the list for 2019.

drakky

Senior elf
you waited till now to start planning for this year? :) I started back in December
I've been playing with sequencing some of the boscoyo spinners I think they'll look good on your house

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
2017 UPDATE
Last year I was not happy with the way I added (what I called) "the triangles" (see here
View: https://youtu.be/E3P5hSarBEY?t=9m40s
) to the house. The clips were fiddly and some of the timber fell off (which I am still yet to work out a way to put them back on). This year I have made some frames made from flat ali (same stuff that the tree and spinner is made of). I am hoping to add just one nail to the top part of the peak to attach them to the house. The span on the longest one is just under 4m. It does flex a bit bit hoping that once it goes on the house it should sit right. Adding the pieces down the middle has allowed the bottom piece to be supported so no flex.
IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1034.JPG