Melbourne/Vic 2018 Melbourne Mini - 2nd-3rd June 2018

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 2, 2018 Sunday, Jun 3, 2018
Registration deadline
Monday, May 21, 2018
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
djgra79 djgra79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B BallaratLights 1
M mccar 1
daunce daunce 1 Spoiler content hidden.
andrewa andrewa 1 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1 Spoiler content hidden.
cdjazman cdjazman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
DavidJ247 DavidJ247 1 Spoiler content hidden.
gerry gerry 1 Spoiler content hidden.
AAH AAH 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Wendys Wendys 1
Eizziljam Eizziljam 2 Spoiler content hidden.
B Brett Greenland 2
battle79 battle79 1
B Bradbaker 1
Theo Giourtis Theo Giourtis 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Code Gray Code Gray 1
C chatzy 1
avelarde avelarde 1 Spoiler content hidden.
E ewanh 1 Spoiler content hidden.
abundy abundy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
A averagebloke 1 Spoiler content hidden.

abundy

Full time elf
HI guys...
Not sure if this would be something that would be worthwhile...i know it would help me.
I was not able to get one of my elements of my show last year, to work properly.
It is a small matrix that was just supposed to display text.
While it displayed correctly within Xlights the actual output looked like it looped back on itself. No matter what i did i couldnt get it to work properly.
Maybe this could be a troubleshooting lesson.
I can bring the model, laptop and router/controller/cabling etc. and hopefully someone will be able to figure it out.
Lessons learnt might show others how to troubleshoot this type of a problem, and you will encounter it at some point.
Let me know if this is something that might be of interest.

Items used would be
Xlights
Advatec Pixelite controllers
2811 strip.

burnt

Full time elf
HI guys...
Not sure if this would be something that would be worthwhile...i know it would help me.
I was not able to get one of my elements of my show last year, to work properly.
It is a small matrix that was just supposed to display text.
While it displayed correctly within Xlights the actual output looked like it looped back on itself. No matter what i did i couldnt get it to work properly.
Maybe this could be a troubleshooting lesson.
I can bring the model, laptop and router/controller/cabling etc. and hopefully someone will be able to figure it out.
Lessons learnt might show others how to troubleshoot this type of a problem, and you will encounter it at some point.
Let me know if this is something that might be of interest.

Items used would be
Xlights
Advatec Pixelite controllers
2811 strip.

bring it to the mini

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Absolutely, bring it along and we can troubleshoot within the group. Others may want to know how you built it too, so will be a good conversation starter!

gerry

Senior elf
Do we have someone who is capable of talking on that?
A single Ethernet connection is relatively easy to talk about but the requirements for running wired and wireless and adding routing is above my pay grade and it's something I wouldn't mind learning about as well.

I have both wireless and wired connections on my PIs.. So I could talk to that.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks Gerry.

I don't want to fill the entire weekend with formal presentations, as the previous minis have covered off most of these type topics, however if you have an element that you're proud of and want to show it off, or you are stuck on a build or setup of something (either hardware or software) then please bring it along and we can have an open discussion about it (no pressure to get in front of the room etc)
If you are bringing something, please let us know what it is and I'll try to build it into a schedule for the weekend, particularly those who can only attend one day.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
OK Melbourne, 5 days to go until our turn to host the ACL Mini!!
Please find below a timetable of topics we will present. You'll notice on Sunday the yellow section we have yet to fill, but as we have a few new members, we thought we could cover specific topics of the crowds choice. If you're new and we haven't covered off anything previously listed, then let us know and we will certainly accommodate.
As mentioned previously, if you have a prop or an issue that you want help with, bring it along and during the Open Floor times we can cover it off using the combined awesomeness of the room.
Special shout-out to @keithsw1111 who has kindly offered his time to dial in via Zoom to cover off all things xLights, so if you have any specif questions bring them along :)
And speaking of Zoom we do hope to stream both days at the usual address, so for those who can't make it or interstate/overseas, please feel free to tune in.
View media item 658
timetable.JPG

abundy

Full time elf
Anyone need any of those tint tubes that were popular acouple of years ago? Got a bunch of the long ones that i am looking to get rid of, if anyone needs one or 10.

burnt

Full time elf
Anyone need any of those tint tubes that were popular acouple of years ago? Got a bunch of the long ones that i am looking to get rid of, if anyone needs one or 10.

please bring them along.. i would like to get some

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Yes please!

JeffOz01

New elf
Ok people an update.......

Have solved the trip problem.. If all is well there will be two of us on Saturday... for just the one day.......

now just need to find the place......

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Ok people an update.......

Have solved the trip problem.. If all is well there will be two of us on Saturday... for just the one day.......

now just need to find the place......
Great to hear Jeff! Address is on the first post of this thread on page 1. Chuck it into Google maps and you should be right. I'll update this thread tonight with some more details on parking but it's basically on site.
Could I please get the first name of your +1 so I can ensure they have a name badge too? Are they also a forum member?