Release 2020.5 Released

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Caution: This version alters the format of the xLights_networks.xml file which means if you try to open a setup from this version or later with 2020.4 or earlier the setup tab configuration will be lost.

2020.5 February 22 2020
— enh (keith) Change halve timings to a more generic divide timings
— enh (keith) Add undo support to divide timings
— enh (keith) Convert setup tab to the new controller tab included in this are a huge number of smaller enhancements and standardisations of how the protocols work.
— enh (keith) Add pixlite controller discovery
— enh (keith) Add dominant frequency colour effect to VU meter which chooses the colour based on the dominant frequency
— enh (keith) Increase maximum nodes on the circles model
— enh (keith) Increase maximums on the custom model size
— enh (keith) Add to xSchedule activate and deactivate all schedules API
— enh (keith) Add ordered node selection to the submodel node selection dialog
— enh (keith) In AC select mode when key is pressed to add an effect dont take it out of select mode … this seems more natural
— enh (scott) Added Export Model as GIF image
— enh (pete) Have breakdown words and phrases respect locking
— bug (gil) Fix too many node names created for 8-bit servos
— bug (keith) Fix falcon upload of serial outputs incorrect if more than one port is uploaded
— bug (keith) Fix change to submodel in group is not detected by sequencer until restart

xLights is available for download from https://xlights.org/releases/

Issue tracker: https://github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues
Video tutorials: https://videos.xlights.org
xLights user manual: https://manual.xlights.org/xlights/

SAALTFAM

New elf
Afternoon Keith
I have installed 2020.5
I have got my head around most of the controller setup but for one little bit which I hope you will say easy fix.
I run a Pixlite 16 MkII and I use it to output DMX to a Converter. (16 standard ports and 4 DMX)
But xLight will only let me have 16 as it does not like me telling it to use port 17.
I also have a PixLite 4 MKII ECO with 4 ports and 1 DMX.

Thank you for your help
Cheers
Aaron
1582431959690.png

SAALTFAM

New elf
I don't know if this is correct but I did find a work around
I setup the Universes in the controller and setup 2 multicast.
Now I will probably have to create a show network.
1582433804086.png

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Right but you still set them to dmx on the connection properties and associate them with a new universe. Ports are 1-4.

SAALTFAM

New elf
Sorry to be a pain, I am trying to get this right in my head.
And sorry if I am overthinking this, I dabble a little in Arduino, also certified in Dynalite lighting automation. PLC FBD etc.. (Sparky)

To me they are not DMX as I treat them as an extra 4 ports with only 512 channels, I sequence them as a standard Universe/Channel data, not as DMX in xLights.
If the controller is set IP xxx.xxx.xxx.201 with xLight sets universe 1 to 13 or ?
And if I set those DMX ports on that same controller to universes 1-4 ,will that not conflict with the data/channels already set with the same IP even though it is Multicast in xLights.
Would the controller just send the universe 1-4 data to the all universes with the same universe/channel?

If you can you point me to a site that shows how the packets are constructed/ordered I would appreciate it.
I am re-making all my props and new props so I cannot test it out at the moment.
Thank for all your help.

Attachments

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Global moderator
i would jump into zoom and we can help you out there as you are overthinking it. is the best way to put it

SAALTFAM

New elf
The work around works nicely.
I just need to get an understanding for my OCD and the need to understand how things work.
I will keep doing it the way it works as I tried the same universes and it stopped.