230v ssr options

Daemon

Apprentice elf
Hi people

I use a few grinches and have a mix of ssr's. Some 24v, some 230v and some non dimming power board 230v options as well which I have built.

I have recently inherited a few commercial 230v display items so i need to extend my ssr assortment a bit.

I was wondering if anyone has any other solutions I may not have considered yet besides modified ssr4's and modified power boards.

I would prefer to plug the display items in than cut the cords off but if that turns out to be the easiest option I will just modify some more ssr4's.

Cheers
Steve

kool-lites

Full time elf
I recently purchased 2x computer metal power strips. Mine have 12 outlets. I then designed a smart pcb for 2x triacs and optos that fit between 2x sockets. At the power inlet end, I added 3x RJ45 socket plate.

Daemon

Apprentice elf
Any chance of a few photos of them?
Sounds similar to my power boards but mine use crydon chips which do not dim.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi Daemon

Personally i would just use the SSR's and connect pigtails like the US guys do with LOR and LYNX gear, buy some really cheap short extension cords from your local $2 shop and cut off the plugs, instant pig tails, you can then just plug in your commercial items to a standard SSR

Cheers
Phil

Daemon

Apprentice elf
I see 'pigtail' is a fairly common term but what exactly is it?
Can you show me an image or a link to what you mean so I can have a look at it?
Do the plug ends stay inside your weatherproof enclosure?