24V x 24 Channel Dimmer

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
But does this have a test sequence where it just cycles through the different colours, i know the other chinese controllers do that.

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi all ,as i have training wheels on for this topic, please correct if i'm wrong.
Computer ->cat 5 cable to Dongle-> ??? ? cable to Dimmer-> ??? ? cable to RGB strips.
DC power supply to /|\.
is this an option instead of lor controllers or AVD's boards?
thanks for help
Boof63

kane

Dedicated elf
Boof63 said:
Hi all ,as i have training wheels on for this topic, please correct if i'm wrong.
Computer ->cat 5 cable to Dongle-> ??? ? cable to Dimmer-> ??? ? cable to RGB strips.
DC power supply to /|\.
is this an option instead of lor controllers or AVD's boards?
Yes, these controllers operate in the same sort of way as the LOR boards, the AVD boards, and others, where they take a DMX input, and switch DC current for you. The main difference between the boards is number of channels, amount of current each channel can support, which protocol is supported (eg the LOR boards support LOR as well as DMX) and other things like whether the DMX input is isolated or not.

In your diagram above, the "cat 5 cable to dongle" may not be correct - usually a dongle will have a USB cable going from your PC to the dongle.

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• DimmerEtc.jpg
    DimmerEtc.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 62

Boof63

Senior elf
Thanks Kane, thats a big help. Does explain it easier in pictures for us "L" platers.
cheers Boof63