280 RGB leds and 120 channels of control

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
smartalec said:
well there is a part of the vixen sequence around the 20sec mark where one scroll goes left an the other goes right, an both go throu each other.
i did'nt see this in the LSP demo, can lsp do that? cause that section got me interested.
So if i want Speedy sequance's use LSP, an if i want to spend 10+hrs on a sequance use vixen.. :D im learning
an since im starting with 250+ channels LSP would be the winner for the beginner. ;) i told you im learning

ive just learned the town im moving in to only has a population of 2,400 people.
Would i be going to big, too fast, for the small town. :D :D
I'll put them on the map for sure.. :D

Yes LSP 1.7 can do that and a lot more.

As far as what you have planned in the small town, you might want to have some sort of security setup to stop anyone stealing any of your goodies. You know how little country towns can get sometimes for the youth, not much to do except get drunk and be stupid.

I look forward to hearing your stories on how the locals take it

fj

Apprentice elf
hi phil,

can i ask why you chose 7 LED's per string? Was that to fit in with the board's limits or something else?

these are looking pretty good for next years show (i've blown this years budget out of the water already :) )

thanks,fj

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
fj said:
hi phil,

can i ask why you chose 7 LED's per string? Was that to fit in with the board's limits or something else?

these are looking pretty good for next years show (i've blown this years budget out of the water already :) )

thanks,fj

As with all series connected LED's you need to consider the DC voltage that is either used or you want to use.

To ensure the best compatibility with all my existing (24v) incandescent that works better at around 28v DC i settled on a 27v-28v DC voltage for as much of my display as possible.

Having chosen 27v it just became a simple matter of how many LED's can i use in series at that voltage.

The other thing was my megatree will be around 5.5m high i wanted 8 segments per string at 100mm spacing that then gave me 56/8 = 7. Seemed to all work out fairly well.

Cheers
Phil

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
wbottomley said:
Ok. Now... jealously is setting in. :p

That's great!

Inquiring mind. ::)

Well it was a very quick put together for the Mini, i actually have no intention to use it in the display and it will be dismantled again so i can used the LED's for the megatree.

Cheers
Phil

fj

Apprentice elf
thanks phil.

i'm really looking forward to seeing videos of this years displays. with a lot of people incorporating the RBG LEDs, it's going to make for some impressive shows.