280 RGB leds and 120 channels of control

ThaiWay

1500 C9's are not green
Nothing fancy my a$$! or as you may prefer: a r s e!

That curtain rocks Phil!

John

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
smartalec said:
ps. Now thats something i want for my outside walls, is that using the 5050 leds?

That was using the 5050 leds, as shown in the video 75mm spacing horizontally and 160mm vertically, it's a neutral light colour wall behind the leds so there is some light reflected from the wall.

I suspect it would look really good with some sort of opaque material in front of it to diffuse the light. There are no covers on those leds yet

Cheers
phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AussiePhil said:
smartalec said:
ps. Now thats something i want for my outside walls, is that using the 5050 leds?

That was using the 5050 leds, as shown in the video 75mm spacing horizontally and 160mm vertically, it's a neutral light colour wall behind the leds so there is some light reflected from the wall.

I suspect it would look really good with some sort of opaque material in front of it to diffuse the light. There are no covers on those leds yet

Cheers
phil

Phil good work with the curtain, looks awesome for just something you quickly slapped together.

My CCR matrix uses the same RGB SMD 5050 LEDs. The light has been diffused by putting the lights in between two sheets of corex. The back sheet helps reflect back the light and the top sheet helps diffuse the light, ends up looking very good.

ThaiWay

1500 C9's are not green
Phil, are you using LSP to control that?

What covers are you thinking?

John

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Someone had to ask....

The Led's are being driven from Vixen, the sequence is one i have been using to stress test the firmware code on the controllers, with 25mS timing and nearly all ramps up and down, there are some 25mS long white all on flashes that i did not include in the video sequence that really test processing of the DMX stream, they make good strobes.
As i had the sequence it was easy just to use it.

Working on a LSP sequence.

Cheers
Phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
smartalec said:
Now you have me believing in Vixen again,
Thanks Phil
how long did it take you to do the vixen v's the lsp? care to say?

It would be interested in knowing the time differences between the time to develop a LSP sequence and a Vixen sequence for the curtain (I already know but others would be curious)

But a great effect you have with the curtains, it will have a lot of people rethinking now.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
So how long for Vixen and LightShowPro

Vixen: I have two years experience with this including a lot of RGB work from last year, the sequence as shown was built up over a period of weeks as we tested firmware, if i started from scratch heres a rough estimate.
Based on a single 120ch controller, no music involved

One minute Sequence Vixen
Configure the track orders in Vixen to easily work with the RGB channels: 30-40 minutes, this includes multiple sort orders.
actual programing time: about 40 minutes, this is with considerable experience in doing RGB work in Vixen.
So between 70-80 minutes from a clean sheet.

Two minute animation sequence LightShowPro
Add new RGB controller and configure after clean install: a couple of minutes
create sequence including incremental testing of effects as i went: 60 - 90 minutes maybe a bit longer.
This is with little experience in LSP.
Actual time would drop FAST with some time under the belt, i would expect to be able to do the same thing with some experience under 15-20 minutes, maybe even quicker.

Now Vixen becomes nearly expontentially harder above 400-500 channels whereas LSP in the RGB world immediately cuts the total to a third.

Cheers
Phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Sounds about right Phil, the great thing is that there is still many months away from show time for all of us to start to harness the power of LSP 1.7. I know for me I'm getting better and faster at controlling LSP 1.7 every time i play with it.
For me the time taken to setup a matrix from scratch to seeing a transition actually on the matrix only takes me 5 minutes (that's including setting up controllers and the matrix in the visualizer). I couldn't even compare that to LOR or Vixen in terms of time difference because LOR and Vixen would be just damn to hard to sequence approx 192 RGB channels (576 Channels) in a matrix.