3D Matrix (or a cube matrix ?) in Britains Got Talent

davrus

Silent elf
There was a guest artist in the first semifinal of BGT 2014 .... this is not about her, or the show, its about what was happening behind her.
There was a matrix of hanging LED lights. And they made very effective use of them.

I found this video - a terrible video - seems it was recorded by a camera pointing at the TV screen ... and the sound (thus the actual video) was recorded slow, so when played back it is speeded up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDUqSHwakY

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's really hard to tell but I would reckon that is a matrix of at least 20x20x50 high. That is 1 hell of a lot of pixels out there.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think that they specified them as 100mm spacing but that's how Ray supplied them ;)

arw01

Full time elf
Look like triklits but there are a few people making that style now so who knows. If they are triklits and they got a discount even, there is many grand in those lights back there!

arw01

Full time elf
westy27 said:
Madrix can do 3D shows and some of those effects look straight from it so could be that.

I was thinking it was likely Madrix, but when you get up into commercial software who knows. Could be Phillips software or something we have never even heard of.