3M Pixel Tree with Scrolling Text

logandc99

Dedicated elf
My tree is based on Fasteddy's. Mine has a flagpole at the centre with the twelve uprights made from 25mm conduit. The cross pieces are bits of flat aluminium screwed onto the flagpole and then the conduit is attached with cable ties. Now I got away with a basic flagpole at the centre because mine is attached to my house at the top and therefore relatively protected from the wind. If it is going to be free standing then other have suggested a stronger single piece of metal pole as your standard flagpole isn't that strong. I have the base sitting into a sun umbrella base which is marble and quite solid.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
3d1de219263a379579f5d45875b8bd6b.jpg

i13

Dedicated elf
Trioxide said:
I understand that. I am looking to do a flat tree. What material is strong but light weight to make this tree? What are you using for support to keep it up? How is everything tied together? I am brand new to this so have no experience but want to get started. I want to learn from other's experiences so I don't have to put a lot of time and money into redoing as there is a better way.
The most important thing to keep in mind is not to rush unto buying anything electronic. The best way to get started is to build up the background knowledge. You ideally need to know the advantages and disadvantages of every option you have for example 5V versus 12V and the variety of ways to overcome the disadvantages of each one. On top of that you need to know how to wire it all together. You'll probably know when you're ready to start ordering and constructing the tree. It would be a reasonable (but still very big) goal for 2016. Keep researching and asking questions. Once you know what you want, post the shopping list on the forums and get feedback on it. Also remember you still need to order in time for everything to arrive and to leave time to put it together.

damona

Full time elf
At bunnings you an get
Easy Screen Self Drilling Screws Palladium Silver
These are design to work with aluminum as they are are coated, then powder coated to insure there is no reaction between the two different metals.