4/6 Way Fused Power Distributor PCB - EOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Here's the latest 6 way with the "fuse fail" LEDs. I'm still in two minds on this though. I've always done "power good" LEDs as it proves that there is voltage on the load side. The "fuse fail" version LEDs are dark when there is either no fuse fault or no power input or no load.

davidavd 6 Way Fuse PCB pc731-leds.png

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
To say it in the nicest possible way. It seems backwards to me. even if there was just 1 LED to indicate that power was present on the board I wouldn't mind that the others were power=off.

But on the other hand the power supplies which would be beside this board would have power=on LEDS on them anyway.

I'm just used to seeing a light on when there is power there. not a fault light when something is wrong.

Either way i still want some.

XDU

Full time elf
It is my understanding that these boards should be mounted as close to the power supply as possible to gain maximum protection. That being the case, the psu's (in most cases) have a led indicating the availability of power.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
To get the price down to about $20 + GST each, I need to buy 100 PCBs. Buying boards in small quantities is quite expensive, especially as these ones need to have heavier copper due to the currents involved. So if you're interested in some, let me know so I can make sure we have the numbers.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Here's a completed prototype PCB for your viewing pleasure:

apc731.png

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Looks good. I'm hoping for some of these to put on my cheap china power supplies. as previously mentioned I would like 5

Nath_From_NT

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
To get the price down to about $20 + GST each, I need to buy 100 PCBs. Buying boards in small quantities is quite expensive, especially as these ones need to have heavier copper due to the currents involved. So if you're interested in some, let me know so I can make sure we have the numbers.

I'd be interested in at least 3 David. Like Steve, I'd like to protect my stuff from any dodgy PSU's.

You always come up with the good stuff David, especially for those of us who can't build things from scratch.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Just to clarify, I'm only asking for interest. As long as there's enough interest, I'm happy to get 100 bare boards done and then make them available over the next 12 months. I just don't want to order 100 boards and only ever sell 10. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.