1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

4 Pin water proof cable connectors

Discussion in 'Computers, Cabling & Other Miscellaneous Hardware' started by dmoore, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dmoore

dmoore Senior Elf

This is detailed photos of the 4-pin waterproof connectors located here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/313495011-100pcs-lot-waterproof-led-strip-cable-4pin-used-for-led-strip-RGB-color-wholesalers.html

A "package" of them includes 100 males and 100 female connectors for a total of 100 connections (male+female.) The length is 180mm or 7.1 inches. The ends are completely encased in plstic and they ship with an o-ring end and a screw on connector to keep them from coming apart. The four wires at the end are tinned and are about .5mm in diameter (.019"). The outside cable sheath is 4.45mm/.175". I can't speak for the UV protection long term. Overall they seem nice.

Attached Files:

2. neilric99

neilric99 Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    I got a set of these and was wondering whether they would carry the current for 5V * 50 node string, in the end I have ordered a different set which has larger pin and thicker cable

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/210128048-323485322/100-pairs-4-Core-White-Waterproof-Line-15cm-long-each-male-and-female.html

3. OP
    OP
    dmoore

dmoore Senior Elf

Do you know the gauge of the cable on your set of cables (the white ones)?

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I have a set of the white plugs and was more than happy with them. The wire appears to be at least 0.5mm2 but this is not definate.