6 rgb channel (18 channel) standalone dc controller options?

shtonkalot

New elf
I'm looking to control 6 dumb rgb strings from a standalone controller. I want sequences running on the 6 light strips.
Is anyone familiar with a control option that will do what I want?

Will be a remote installation and cannot be connected to a computer when running.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
The LOR annual sale is currently running and they have a new 24 channel DC controller designed to handle 8 RGB channels. It has on board storage and can thus run stand-alone. You would need access to LOR software to create and load the program onto the board.
see http://store.lightorama.com/cmdedcca3.html
and the attached spec sheet (NB, the photo differs from the released product wrt the distribution of the +ve terminals.)

shtonkalot

New elf
AAH said:
What sort of control are you looking to run. There are a few options from LOR's mp3 playback controller http://store.lightorama.com/midiwimp3pl.html to some semi diy cards that control dmx boards.
I'm not sure what control to run? That's what I'm trying to work out. I just want something standalone that will do patterns across the six separate rgb strips.
aussiexmas said:
The LOR annual sale is currently running and they have a new 24 channel DC controller designed to handle 8 RGB channels. It has on board storage and can thus run stand-alone. You would need access to LOR software to create and load the program onto the board.
see http://store.lightorama.com/cmdedcca3.html
and the attached spec sheet (NB, the photo differs from the released product wrt the distribution of the +ve terminals.)
this looks awesome. I'm not yet familiar with lor but don't mind learning it. Have you got experience ordering from there? The 3 week lead time has me worried it may take months to get here.

Thanks for the assistance, looks like what I'm after.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
shtonkalot said:
this looks awesome. I'm not yet familiar with lor but don't mind learning it. Have you got experience ordering from there? The 3 week lead time has me worried it may take months to get here.

Thanks for the assistance, looks like what I'm after.

The LOR sale is now over, but there will be some shipping backlog because of the volume of orders placed during the sale. The 24 channel card was first announced during the sale, and stocks are unknown. Because of the price, I would expect it would have been very popular.

Over the years, I have had 6-8 LOR orders and have been generally very happy with their delivery times. Placing an order now (after the sale) will give shipping priority over sale orders where the 'TryForFree' promotion was used. Provided that LOR has sufficient stock of the new boards, I would expect that new orders would ship in a reasonable time, (but it may be a little longer than the quoted 2-3 weeks).

shtonkalot

New elf
Thanks aussiexmas.

I'm bummed I missed the sale figuring it out. The time to receive sounds like it might not be something I can bet on for a deadline.
I messaged them asking about delivery times. I'll message again and ask if there is any way to pay to que jump or get faster postage.

I also previously messaged them about confirmation the controller would run as it's own director as a standalone device and they confirmed it would do so.

I'm very keen to get one and start playing. It really sounds ideal for my project.