6803 strip with CCR controller

TroyMann

New elf
Hey Jon,

Here is where you order the CCR controller.

http://store.lightorama.com/cocorireco.html

BUT......I am working on something else that may be a lot cheaper. I am sure most of the guys on here have already done it as I am new and trying to figure this whole thing out. I am pretty sure you can run the 6803 with the DMX 6803 decoder. This way, I am thinking that you can do the exact same thing the as the CCR controllers.

Strip $65
DMX decoder $50
-------------------------
$115 per strip

TroyMann

New elf
I think you may be able to connect 2 strips together by injecting power so you could possible get two strips (acting like CCR's) for as little as $180 ish

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The question needs to be asked why you want to buy an LOR controller to run in DMX with a 6803 strip as this isnt the most cost effective way. The reason i have used the CCR controllers in this fashion is because ive had them for over 2 years and i have retasked them to other uses. If i was starting fresh i wouldnt be using the CCR controller as there are cheaper options available that can run 3 strips together at full resolution

TroyMann

New elf
At first I thought this was the only way to do it (with the CCR controller) and I didn't understand DMX. Now it's starting to come to me and now I am looking for the least expensive way to produce the same effect.

I purchased the CCR controller to play with it and so far it has not work (I think I have a bad control). I then purchased a DMX decoder and it has worked.

Again I am just learning and probably many years behind some of the Masters

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Thats OK Troy, we all start somewhere in this crazy hobby, I just didnt want to see you committing to something when there are better options available.

If you read the AusChristmasLighting for Dummies manual it will give you some links and prices to DMX enabled pixel controllers. If you plan on using lots of pixels and digital strip then the better option would be to use E1.31 pixel controllers like the ECG-PR12, ECG-PIXAD8 or the E681.

If you havent already looked at the dummies manual then i suggest you take a look as this should hopefully clear away some of that mud

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html

jonnyci

New elf
Thanks Troymann. I am in the same boat as you. Trying to make sense of all of this and still trying to figure out where to pull the trigger.