8-Way DC Fused Distro Boards With LEDs

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The 8 way DC fuse board design is now done and available to back order. I should have some initial stock made up in the next couple of days.

This board handles both positive and negative connections. The inputs are via large screw terminals, while each output is via a 2 way plug-in connector. There is a "power available" LED per output.

Though the boards are marked 7.5A per output, I'm increasing that to 10A per output (80A total). This change will be reflected in the overlay on the new batch of boards due mid February.

At present the ATC blade fuses are not supplied with the board as users will want to choose the value. I will have stock of blade fuses in the next couple of weeks in packs of 10 (same value).

apc1044-p.png

videoman3857

Full time elf
So does that now mean the input amperage is also increased ?
The board states 15 amp per input = 60 amps. The 8 output at the new 10 amp exceeds the input x 20 amps
Just asking ......
Nice looking board. Does it fit one of your Din rail trays ?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Yes, it's now 20A per input, so 80A total. :)

There's a link to the DR72-99 DIN rail tray down the bottom of the product page.

Barnabybear

New elf
Hi, I like the idea of DIN rail mounting. With the number of 3D printers around there could be DIN adapters for controller boards and power supplies. The only question is who is going to set the standard between DIN rails when we get to twin DIN and tripple DIN for mounting larger items?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
One of my other boards uses the 107mm tall tray, but that's as large as I've seen them.

I like the trays as they protect the back of the boards against shorts, lizards, etc!

videoman3857

Full time elf
Yes, i like the idea too David. So much easier than mounting on posts.
As soon as I saw them in your new shop I noted down the sizes and measured my LOR boards that I am installing into the enclosure Richie4540 has for sale .
Sad to say, but none measure up and I don't have a 3D printer.:(

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Those 4 boards went straight away, but 3 more available as of right now.

After that there will be a delay as I'm waiting on connectors to finish more.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The input side terminals will take up to 3.6mm CSA wire. That's more than enough to cover the 20A rating.