A couple videos of my show in action

kane

Dedicated elf

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Another great effort Kane, im sure your more than happy with how its turned out, you should be very proud of the work you have done to make this a reality.

random

New elf
top effort, very well thought out. I can see the intent in the spinning star effect, would look awesome in real life :)

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Love your work Kane, I'm a massive fan of your tree and stars.
If you figure out how to capture video to do the display justice at night be sure to share.
Super way to light up a good two story canvas too :)

westy27

Apprentice elf
Gday Kane,

Great show ! i only hope my first year of computer lights (2012) will look half as good!

How many strands of pixels are on the mega tree if you don't mind me asking? Love the effect !

kane

Dedicated elf
westy27 said:
Great show ! i only hope my first year of computer lights (2012) will look half as good!

How many strands of pixels are on the mega tree if you don't mind me asking? Love the effect !
Hey Westy

I've got a bit of info on my mega tree on this thread - http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1496.0.html - but I have 64 strings that are 10metres long each, which are doubled over (so 5metres up, 5 metres back). There at 16 each of red, blue, green and white. These are hooked up to 3 ray wu 27 channel controllers (which reminds me that I have spare channels there to use, so should probably look at adding another colour next year!)

I also have 4 strings of tm1804 pixels (each string is 100 long) which are fed from an e680 mounted at the top of the tree (and come down in a spiral effect). Interestingly, I've been able to get away without injecting power at the bottom, which makes things easier

Any other queries, let us know - can't wait to see what everyone gets up to in 2012!

kane

Dedicated elf
Driver said:
Looks good. :)
Decent looking CCTV dome too - looks like it's big enough for a recessed full-body camera inside?
Yeah, the dome actually came with a PTZ camera that I had in there to start off with, but it had a few issues, so I pulled it out, and stuck in a much better quality fixed camera. (and yes, full size - plenty of room in there.)