A few ACL strobes not strobing :(

justinj

Apprentice elf
I've got 3/45 strobes that appear visually fine, I blank them with MPLab and they're off, then when I program them instead of strobing they stay on constantly. Now the wierd thing is if I don't touch it (Ruling out a physical issue I think) but I cycle power to it, after about 3-10 power cycles it starts to strobe until the next power cycle in which case it goes to constant again.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea where to start diagnosing the fault?

justinj

Apprentice elf
I tried that, I also tried swapping the driver over but still get the same thing. Maybe it's a damaged PCB causing something funny to happen?

Slite

Full time elf
justinj said:
I tried that, I also tried swapping the driver over but still get the same thing. Maybe it's a damaged PCB causing something funny to happen?

Just take your DVM and "beep" the traces and you can find out pretty quick if there is a break on the board someware.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Ive had the exact same issue with 3 of my boards, haven't found a resolution as yet, I've just shelved the faulty ones for now and I'll look at em again after the silly season.