AAHs (LSP) critical nature

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
I agree Steve... But this debate between sequencers is like saying iPhone or galaxy... They both do the same thing in the end but how we get there is different. Some people start with iPhone and can't cross over and the vise versa for those of us with a galaxy or android device. They all have their pro's and cons but in the end both very good phones. LOR is slowly getting better as we blinky heads start doing more and more pixels. LSP I can't speak for as I haven't used it but I am sure in the future I will get to have a play with it and will have a steep learning curve as I change the thought process of sequencing. It's all about what we learn on the journey... This is what we enjoy... Group hug... 8)

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Im truly saddened that Alan has been attacked in this way. Alan is a top fella, as are many others giving of there time to help others our. Alan is a vital piece to acl and chat. He has helped me in so many ways. Sorry though Alan my spellings and grammar still need improving. Lol. I dont visit chat as often these days as im trying to sequence my show. But if I have a problem its nice to know that people like Alan are their in chat waiting to help me. Thanks Alan.

Ps.
The wife wants to know if there is a claps (the a standing for anonymous )We as my fear of not being ready for xmas is troubling her

Bird

LOR user
AAH said:
I was absolutely gutted to be called a LSP hater and immediately left chat.
As well you should have been. I have always thought you have been honest, friendly, and very helpful.

Now my 2 cents worth.
I have used LOR for 3 seasons now, Superstar & CCR's 2 seasons. I like it a lot.
I own LSP, have not even tried it. Why? Look at the LOR & LSP forums. I am not at the point where I have time to mess with new software and the issues it may entail. LSP seems to generate lots of 'how do I do this' and other questions. LOR however has fewer questions.
We all know that LOR has a high channel count issue and is not currently geared for lots of fancy pixel use. Even Superstar is limited to 24 CCR's/Strips.
I often think some folks are a little quick to state "use LSP not LOR", :D :D however those folks like LSP as much as I like LOR. So don't stop saying "use what I use". ;)

Bottom line, it is a free county/world, if you say something that is true and not it was not said in hateful way, you should never be labeled for it in public. I was not there, however, :) IMO :) , someone owes a PM (private message) apology.

And everyone still loves you Alan. ;) :D :eek: ::)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Didn't realise the LOR vs LSP was turning into a State of Origin or Bledisloe Cup competition. I thought all the jibes in chat and in the forum were more a bit of fun rivalry. Sad to see its been taken too far and that a very helpful member like Alan has felt that he has been under attack.
Criticism of software done in a constructive way is what leads to improvement and innovation. As end users of these types of software, we are also all "beta testers" ( but of the final release versions) and it is through our feedback about what we think is good and bad about software that helps the developers improve their products.
There are plus and minuses with all the software packages ( from what I can tell from use of some and comments from users of others) and I think there is no debate that LSP has some bugs but hopefully through feedback from our experiences with various software packages, it will ultimately lead to improvements.
So lets hope this latest incident doesn't stop people from asking questions and airing their concerns and frustrations about CLAP related affairs and lets keep it friendly. ( that's what I've liked about the ACL forum.... there is none of the mean behaviour that I have seen on other forums and I don't want to see that change).
Alan I hope you come back to chat soon.

P.S. and I will try not to mix you and David up again :)

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
It is a shame that if you speak your mind, people have attach labels. In chat we agree to disagree almost nightly/daily. You should be able to have your say without fear of reprisal. Anyway, I have used LOR for 3+ years and have been happy with it. As far as I'm concerned I will always steer new people to LOR as it is solid and very easy to learn. There is nothing better than being able to pull things out of the box and have it work. That generates excitement. After you become comfortable with the whole idea of dongles, nic cards, networks, pixels, and power supplies, then you know the right questions and paths to take. As it stands now I would not recomend LSP to a new comer. It is very diy and not only the software, but all that goes with it is very confusing. Some just want to have some winky blinky lights for Christmas. As for myself, I am looking at other software other than LOR, and for strictly budgetary reasons am looking at HLS and Vixen 3. I think that both of these sequencers have tremendous potential.
Well there is my 2 cents worth.
Everybody have fun and enjoy what you do.
John

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm back now :)

I may have been being a bit over sensitive in chat over a topic that I feel quite strongly about. I have to thank you all for the forum posts and PMs and some really nice words. They have meant a lot to me.

Alan

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
ralph.jpg

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
[me=AAH]loves group hugs[/me]

All girlies and me :)