About to give up on LSP Pro...

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
Really, this is "paid for" software and it seems to me to be as buggy as all get out (trying to be polite). I've spent 48 hours with Mike at LightShowPro and he (and others) have been unable to diagnose the issue. However, just as a matter of principle, "paid for" software should function pretty much "straight up" without ever encountering the sorts of dramas I've had. xLights, on the same computer hardware and OS has a few small interface quirks, and LSP users will tell me it can't do as much (I grant you that), but LSP can't even turn the lights on at the moment!

In the hope that Mike and I have missed something obvious and I have made some kind of idiot error and someone will immediately spot it, I will post the whole sorry story below (in somewhat abbreviated form).

I am using Win 7 64-bit on a 4-core Intel machine with 16GB of memory. LSP executes fast enough (one positive)

I have used Ver 2.5 LSP in the past on another machine. I purchased that in Dec 2012. It worked pretty well, if a little slowly in the relatively restricted memory. I was going to use it for a display this year. I placed a few effects "Twinkle, ON, Twinkle", in a trivial sequence on a controller to test the set up. No light output! This is ver 2.5

The controller is a J1Sys ECG-P12R which works perfectly well with xlights (btw) as do the lights configured on these universes as described below.

Universe 1 and 2 were connected. 100 Pixels (300 RGB ch) on each universe running WS2801, 1000, 1, 1, 100 in the firmware on both these universes.

LSP output config : Uni 1 Active Start:1 Size: 300 Uni 2 Active Start: 301 Size:300

When the LSP output connect icon is clicked the packet light comes on at the controller steady (not blinking) which I think is odd.

When the sequence is run, there is no light output.

THAT's with version 2.5 which, really oddly, at one stage would play 10 month old sequences, but NOT new sequences. Figure that one out.

UPGRADE? to version 2.8

Same result, except that LSP is now scrambling channels. When the controller is dragged and dropped, I check the channels and they are the correct order. Once an effect is added they go out of order and spurious bands (that I have not drawn) appear in the sequencer.

End result is the same, no actual light output. The packet light on the controller is locked "on" when output is sent from the LSP computer.

The computer is new, all WIN 7 updates in place and up to date as of an hour ago.

xLights, by comparison, on the same machine, sequences complex patterns in a rock solid consistent fashion on the very same hardware with exactly the same E1.31 output config from the software as LSP (uses the same utility module).

Anyone with any ideas?

Frankly, (I harp on), yet again, to the annoyance of LSP lovers and users no doubt -- this is pretty poor stuff when compared to a free sequencer -- just the facts, as I see them right now. If you're going to charge money for software you need to have the answers. Seems like there are none. I would ask for my money back but I know that's hopeless in the Windows world. Pathetic, is the word.

Speaking of words. I will EAT mine (above) and admit to being a complete fool (readily) if anyone can point to the error in my ways. Prepared to supply any further info you require.

jediknight2

Full time elf
Has anyone attempted to teamview in to look at your settings? I run pixels with both an ECGP2 and E6804 and experience none of what you just described...

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
I also have nil issues that you are describing. I run both a pixad8 and p12s and output is fine, both in sequencer and scheduler.

Perhaps as Jedi mentioned someone could help you out by TeamViewering in
Chances are it is something simple but then again...... you never know.

Fensom

New elf
Have you tried to create a new simple sequence with one or 2 lights. The larger the project the more things that could go wrong, both hardware and sequencing bugs. Just a suggestion, I'm only new.

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
Mmmm, let's see if anyone is successfully running it i 16 GB. The "added bands" on the sequencer might be pointing to unaccounted for memory management problems.

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
So much for that theory. I wonder what else could be the matter with it?

jediknight2

Full time elf
Well if its working in xlights, your P12 setup is fine....something in your LSP setup isnt right evidently...again, let someone teamview in and look

mborg10

Michael Borg
Maybe a simple question but are you running a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine. I ask cause I started the 32 download yesterday and had to cancel it

penguineer

Full time elf
I know little/nothing about LSP, but is there a possibility that there is some remnant of the old version left lying around that the new version is butting heads with? A library(DLL) or something?

Is there anything else "blinky-flashy" running on the machine that may be interfering with how LSP communicates with the controller? It should be just IP/UDP, and not an issue, but just wondering......

Cheers!

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
On this new machine, there has only been Ver 2.8, so no hope in that direction. I'm running Xlights now from this same machine, but the problem pre-dates the installation of xLights. I've also completely uninstalled .NEt twice and the LSP software, but still no soap. Aaaaaaaarrrrggghghhgh!