AC Ropelight Props in Xlights

johnalex1985

New elf
Hi Guys,

Very new at all this so bear with me. I have a few AC props that are multicoloured (blue, white, red and blue and white.) Does anyone have any experience of how they draw these into their layout in xlights? I have watched a bunch of videos on AC sequencing but haven't found anything specific. Also just assuming that if the Ropelight is multicoloured it doesn't matter as when I'm sequencing I will only be able to turn all the LEDs on/off and fade etc.?
Cheers

christmasdave

Full time elf
I had a similar question so am interested to read how the veterans add rope/fairy lights in xLights layout. I've been adding as DMX, but the visual is a little underwhelming/confusing to know when it is on/off.

lytnin

Full time elf
@johnalex1985
I would suggest the following ...
- Create a single line. (or a custom model if you want to draw it out - setting all nodes to 1)
- In the properties go down to 'String Properties'
- Change String type from RGB to 'Superstring' for multiple independently controlled colours, ie a red string, a blue string, a white string. (or 'Single colour' -if only one colour or one controllable channel).
- Set the number of colours
- Set the controllable Colours you have.
- Lastly set the Lights/String field on the SINGLE LINE properties (scroll up) to represent your model.
- Press SAVE

Hope it helps

Last edited:

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Either use the image model or use a custom model with all the lights listed as 1 And string type as single colour intensity or use a channel block or use a line model with one node and string type again single colour intensity. All work.