ACL joint sequence - Lets not get too stressed about our display, 2019

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Last year it was Baby Shark, this year its Hey, Come Look At My House. In 2018, some ACL members used Baby Shark as a joint sequence, with everyone that videoed the sequence appearing in the joint video.

Luckily, this years song choice is nowhere near as annoying as last year.

If your interested, when you get your display up and running, use the sequence from this post, and video it on your display (it doesn't have to be a high quality video, phone footage will do).

For those that missed it, this is the video from last year:

All the best for everyone doing shows this year.

Brad

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Here is a copy of my shared sequence with the lyric track done by @OzAz if you want to use it (Note my layout can be a little tricky to map to other peoples layouts)

There is also a "generic layout" sequence available from the sequence armoury which you may find easier mapping to your layout

Hey Come Look At My House (Haymaker Comedy)

Last edited:

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Not quite up to standard as you lot with a full house :( but i'll post a video of my roofline and two arches....
Next year I'll add a mega tree :) .

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day All,
First year in Pixels and first time publishing a video on Youtube so please excuse the poor quality, complete and utter lack of editing (very thankful I had no bodily emissions). I tried over several nights a GoPro Hero3, 10 yr old Canon Digital Camera and finally my old Google Pixel (very apt!) phone did the best job.

Edit: I'm so embarrassed about the first video posted, my apologies to the seven people who have watched it! The sound track didn't come through except for huge static and white noise. I uploaded the original video (1st one was compressed using VLC) and then Youtube flagged it as having copyright material in it so my apologies again that the audio is missing after 2mins in as Youtube stripped it out.

So here goes attempt No.2...
View: https://youtu.be/PQ5IVfX0GZY

Big load of thanks to the community here at ACL, xLights, Canispater Christmas, and Falcon Christmas. It's been a huge learning curve over the last few months and I am so thankful of everyone willing to share their knowledge and advice... and sequences. (Honestly without the shared sequences I would have had the "Butterfly" running for 3 hours every night!)
Cheers Bazzy

Last edited:

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
It may be off topic and will start a new thread if needed but can someone help me with the correct way to upload a video to youtube and not get flagged for copyright and terrible audio please?
Cheers Bazzy

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
There is not one. Most of us dub the audio onto the video after its taken, and we accept that YouTube will see the audio and put ads on the video that go to the copyright holders. I really have no issue with that

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
It may be off topic and will start a new thread if needed but can someone help me with the correct way to upload a video to youtube and not get flagged for copyright and terrible audio please?
Cheers Bazzy
If you upload with a song that’s popular (sorry can’t think of another word at the moment) then you will get the warning. What software do you use to edit your videos in? My suggestion would be to add the video with the audio to your editing software then add the original mp3 file as well. Add them both to the timeline and drop/lower the audio in your video so it only plays the original mp3 file. Then upload that way. Hope it makes sense.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Alternatively you can go to this part of you tube and search for the song/artist you want to you. It will tell you before you upload what restrictions (if any) will be applied.

So far I've never had any muted in Aus, but some countries will be. That doesn't bother me. I'm also not trying to make any money from them, so again don't care if they are de-monetised.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks guys, that should get me started. Brad I didn't use any software other than the video recorder in my phone and then upload to Youtube via my laptop. I'll be going to the Qld Mini so I'll ask very nicely some of the people there for some guidance.
Cheers guys.