ACL LED strobe assembly Service. Australian Interest thread

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Re: ACL LED strobe assembly

My ears are burning.

I brought 200 of these in the first round a year ago, I didn't really have the right gear to do it and tried a couple of different ways but out of the first 10 or so I could only get half of them going.

Thanks to Alan he populated the rest of the boards for me and I flashed the firmware with the PICkit here. not one failure (pressures on AAH).

If you don't have a good soldering iron, half blind or are very new to soldering, for that price I wouldn't bother trying to do it myself.

kane

Dedicated elf

AAH said:
The boards I did for Superman were taking about 3 minutes each or around 2 hrs to do a panel of 45. As I said I'm willing to do them cheap and for my 2 hrs (should really be less) I would like to put $20 in my pocket. Freight etc would have to be worked out so i could put that much in my pocket. This is a cheeeeeeaaaaaaaaappppp offer :)
I'd like to take you up on 3 panels if that's ok AAH?

I'm assuming you'll just do the SMD bits and we'll do the rest?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

SMD and also the leds if you want. If you want them programmed then I'll probably add another $5 per panel and it's easier to check them if the leds are on them as you can see them flashing which proves they are working.
I believe that there are 3 different firmwares to provide more randomness so if anyone wants them programmed i'll need to know if they want 1, 2 or 3 firmwares.

richardd

Full time elf

I will take you up on the some .. ok a lot of assembly required offer. I would like to perhaps order a 2nd set if you think you would have the time. If I understand the price is $20 per 45 plus shipping. What a deal!! Do you need the paste of do you have heaps lying around. Like I said I would like to order a 2nd set let me know before the close of the Deal...

Thanks again for your wonderful offer.

Rich

AAH

I have no real issue doing as many as I get within limits. I can load them while watching (listening) to a movie so I can knock them over in my pseudo spare time.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

AAH said:
SMD and also the leds if you want. If you want them programmed then I'll probably add another $5 per panel and it's easier to check them if the leds are on them as you can see them flashing which proves they are working.
I believe that there are 3 different firmwares to provide more randomness so if anyone wants them programmed i'll need to know if they want 1, 2 or 3 firmwares.

These will be random if the signal to the pic is left on and the strobe is fired using the trigger. But by having a few firmwares this increases your connection choice and also the randomeness. I have been given 6 firmwares.
The random speed can be changed by changing the seed value in the firmware if you choose to create your own.

Steve22537

Full time elf

Alan, I am happy to have you build, programe and test the 90 strobes I've on order.
Do you need the solder or should I save my money and order another 45 strobes.

Steve

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas

AAH, not wanting to step on toes and if it does let me know and i will pull this. But i seen where a US guy was talking about having the boards built and if it was going to slow up the shipping from Aus to US for all order if he had built and i offered to build his since im in the US and it would be easier.

So i would be willing to build any US or Canada order that would need it that way they still have the option if they would like and still be able to save money as well.

id do it for the same amount as AAH.

AAH

There is bugger all solder that is used really Steve. I would doubt there would be much more than a gram or so per panel. I'm not too worried about having solder supplied at this point as I have an use lots.

That's a great offer fathead. If you're willing to look after the North American orders then it certainly isn't going to step on my toes. I'm doing these for next to nothing purely out of my love for blinking lights.

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas

sounds good. same here, im gonna kick myself for offering lol. But want to help out and let everyone enjoy these strobes b/c they are nice.

so its official, if your a US or Canadian person who bought strobes and would like me to build before shipping to you, let me know an i will get ya taken care of.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

To save money on shipping and reduce distribution delays All US orders will be shipped to (Matt) fathead and he can build these for any US orders that require it.

For all Australian orders that want the strobes to be built will do this through Alan (AAH) as I will bulk ship to Alan to reduce shipping costs.