Closed ACL MK2 Strobes-Fully built (shipping)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The plan was to get the strobes sent out in 2 batches. 1 to myself in Australia and 1 to Bird in the USA and we'd forward the strobes on from there. The Australian takeup of the strobes was quite high and the wire on the 50cm spacing strobes ended up making the strings quite heavy (about 0.66kg, 1.5 pound). The US shipment isn't huge or heavy but the Australian 1 is (70kg). Because the shipment is quite heavy and expensive it would work out better for most involved (especially me) if the larger orderers or anyone who is planning on ordering from Benbrown could get their strobes sent direct to them. Local shipping within Australia could easily cost another $20 or more for a few of the larger deliveries.
Because of the large quantity and weight of strobes I don't want the parcel/s to be hit with 10% GST especially as all the orders were placed and paid for separately. On top of that there is typically a 3 or 4 day delay if that occurs.
Below is a pdf with the quantities and rough weights for each persons deliveries. This doesn't take into account the weight of any packaging.

Attachments

• Strobe shipping with weights.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 85

brianvernon

New elf
Alan
ill chat with eddy over weekend and see if we can contact ben direct to get ours sent together .
Regards
Brian

Skunberg

Full time elf
So does this mean that the US orders are still going to bird? Or are we doing separate shipping also?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sorry Alan I'm a little unclear on what's happening.
Are you saying we need to arrange shipment on a person-by-person basis directly with Ben due to the excessive weight?

AAH

The US shipment is okay to send out as it's not too huge. A number of Aussies are getting them sent direct from Ben which is getting the weight and value of the parcel down. Hopefully by Monday everything will be sorted and shipped.

AAH

It will be a typo on my part. I was mainly trying to correlate the country info and work out the weights of the Aussie part of the things.

AuburnLights

New elf
AAH said:
It will be a typo on my part. I was mainly trying to correlate the country info and work out the weights of the Aussie part of the things.

I thought that was the case but wanted to check before everything shipped.. Thanks for putting this together and making my display *flashier* (I doubt this is an actual word)

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Alan,
I'll get mine shipped directly to me, already arranged it via Ben.

thanks Fing