ACL Strobe BOM mixup?

justinj

Apprentice elf
I purchased 2 lots of the strobes with BOMs but in the ICs there appears to be a difference. Just wanting to know which one is correct or if the others are substitutes:
In the 6 pin IC 1 lot is labelled 0031 and the other is labelled 00EK
In the 8 pin IC 1 lot is labelled 4001 PA45 and the other is labelled 4001 PA49

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
With the strobe BOMs all parts were ordered with the existing part numbers that had previously been used from the original strobe buy, all parts and specs lined up. many people have already built and tested their strobeswithout issue.

I did order some pics directly from microchip and some from mouser, same as the nuds were bought in two different batches to try and keep importing costs below AU$1000, so this may be why there may be a slight difference in the number markings. I would believe these to be the same thing as I have had no reports of any major issues.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The different numbers are likely to just be the batch number ID's that form part of what gets printed onto the IC's.

justinj

Apprentice elf
I thought that might be the case but it's always better to double check.
On a side note, SMD wasn't as hard as I thought. I just had to get my wife to get a smaller syringe from work as the nozzle on the included paste was too big. I was using hot air to do it (Haven't done the ICs yet) and found it easy.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The IC's are probably 5 times harder to do than the resistors due to the size of the pads. The syringe nozzle size makes a huge difference to being able to supply a nice bead of solder.

justinj

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
I solder those PIC chips by hand with 0.71mm solder ! :p
I am so envious. My claws don't allow me to do such a feat.
Let me consume your knowledge...
zoidprof.gif