Acl strobe hex files

jay9158

New elf
Hi does anyone have hex files or can tell me how to program pic. I have pickit3 and software.
Have been told Alan may be able to help??
Many thanks
Jay

jay9158

New elf
hi is there a way to program the strobe to only flash once every 3 seconds or to vary this ?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A custom firmware could be written to make it fire only once every 3s or so. If you don't want the random function then you could just use a standard 1W led and driver attached to a DC dimmer channel.

jay9158

New elf
A custom firmware could be written to make it fire only once every 3s or so. If you don't want the random function then you could just use a standard 1W led and driver attached to a DC dimmer channel.
Does that take long?
I have a stores made already but need it to flash luke that as can't use any controllers linked to it.
Is there any e that can program firmware
Many thanks for reply

AAH

Are these ACL strobes and are you running them as a string of the typical 50? If you're running just 1 or 2 then a single flash once every 3s or so will be pretty uninspiring :(

jay9158

New elf
I am only using 1 acl tpr1 strobe but that is connected to fibre optic loom but I need it to flash once every 3 or 4 seconds. Then once that works i can add.

jay9158

New elf
Hi AAH can this be done is it easy ? or does anyone know or have hex file for this or can program 1 for me it would help out alot !!!! as i am completely stuck please any help be appreciated!
JAY

AAH

The program is simple but it's actually a busy time of the year for Xmas lighting surprisingly enough :D
I may not get anything done but there's expected to be 2 days of torrential rain here so I may have some downtime.
Do you want a fixed 3s time interval with a short flash and if so how short a flash as there's about 7 or 8 different intervals used on current firmware.

jay9158

New elf
Hi yes I appreciate it's very busy time of year and appreciate any help you can give.
I'm thinking a 1sec flash and 3or 4 secs off should do it

jay9158

New elf
The program is simple but it's actually a busy time of the year for Xmas lighting surprisingly enough :D
I may not get anything done but there's expected to be 2 days of torrential rain here so I may have some downtime.
Do you want a fixed 3s time interval with a short flash and if so how short a flash as there's about 7 or 8 different intervals used on current firmware.
Hi
What program is it could I do it myself and is there any instructions / videos I can watch.
How the lights going ? Hope all going well.

AAH

I haven't forgotten about you but I haven't had a chance to even look at it.
My lights are still not even remotely close to being all up or connected yet. So far 1/2 my pixels are running off pixel testers and the other half aren't connected.

jay9158

New elf
Hi
I haven't forgotten about you but I haven't had a chance to even look at it.
My lights are still not even remotely close to being all up or connected yet. So far 1/2 my pixels are running off pixel testers and the other half aren't connected.
How did your lights go. I had few issues with triacs but all good. Any news on hex files?

AAH

Hi

How did your lights go. I had few issues with triacs but all good. Any news on hex files?

I finally got my lights hooked to a bunch of rPi-28D's and under FPP control a few days before Christmas. I'd completely forgotten about getting back to the hex files. I've had a look at the code but haven't got to testing to see if it immediately be scaled to the long durations that you were after. It's now back on to my to do list after this Australia Day long weekend is over.