Closed ACL Strobe Mk 2 bulk buy - ends 12 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Sep 12, 2014

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Closing date for this bulk buy is planned to be Friday 12 September 2014 5pm AEST. Payment must have been made via paypal prior to this time/date to be included in the bulk buy. Delivery is expected to be approximately 30 days from the close of the bulk buy but that is dependent on suppliers. Shipping is not included in the prices and that will be worked out later. A group shipping to the US may be organised and distribution from a central point.

The interest thread for ACL strobes started on https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/acl-strobes-interest-post.5949/ a few weeks ago. As of today I have the pricing for the bits and pieces.

The plan is to offer the panels of revised ACL strobes that run as soon as 5V is applied via a DC dimmer, a switch or just banging the wires onto a 5V DC source. I will add further details over the next day or so but for the moment here's what there is.
-A full kit which includes a panel of 48 strobe boards with the PIC and led driver installed and the firmware pre-loaded, 48 0.75W white 8mm leds, 48 pixel sleeves, 48 C7 covers, 48 current set resistors Price $AU100
-Bare (48 strobe) pcb with no components on it. Price $AU7.50
-Loaded pcb (48 strobe) with PIC and led driver ICs installed, firmware pre-loaded Price $AU65
-Pixel sleeves to suit 8mm LED Price $AU2 for 10
-C7 covers Price $AU2 for 10
-8mm 0.75W white LED Price $AU5 for 10

Schematics, assembly details etc will go on the wiki when I get a chance.

If you want to change the quantity you are after then create a new post rather than editing an existing post.

Paypal details are hanselec with @ and gmail.com after it. Note the the prices shown are in Aussie dollars.
It is in the back of all my user manuals on the wiki and on my site however. Any payments please make sure they include user details so that I can correlate payments to users.

Attachments

• sleeve.jpg
    sleeve.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 71
  • sleeve and cover.jpg
    sleeve and cover.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Strobe 2 bulk buy (12-Sep-2014).pdf
    37 KB · Views: 64

AAH

Wiki page has been started at https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/ACL-Strobe-Mk2
The strobe panel of 48 board (8x6) is approximately 3 inches square including borders.

Strobes.JPG

A- strobe board and LED inside sleeve
B & F - bottom and top layer of board with resistor mounted from the top (wrong way)
C & G - bottom and top layer of board with resistor mounted on the rear as was designed
D - original ACL TPR1 strobe board for size comparison
E - single board as they would come in the panel. Needs resistor, LED and wires added

I mounted the resistors on the wrong side for my own curiosity to test the viability of whether they could be wave soldered like this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqeLMAehZCQ&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• Strobe 2 panel.jpg
    Strobe 2 panel.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Strobe2-bottom.jpg
    Strobe2-bottom.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 57
  • proto strobes.jpg
    proto strobes.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 91

AussieDoug

Full time elf
2 x full kits
2 x sets spare sleeves
2 x sets spare LEDs
2 x sets spare covers

Cheers
Doug

roterhead

New elf
This is a great idea (the size) and indeed is going to look very professional.

Please put me down for:

6 x full kits
2 x sets spare sleeves
2 x sets spare LEDs
2 x sets spare covers

I plan on many extra for the next few years...

Shipping to: Vancouver, WA USA

AAH

I have updated the interest table, converted it to a pdf and have started on a wiki page.
A couple of users have said they want "some". Currently I have listed them as 1 and have that number in red text.
As there is blank pcb's and loaded pcb's and users didn't make it clear which were wanted there is currently no pcb's required in the list.
I have added my paypal address on the initial post. Cryptic enough hopefully to keep the spambots away :)
After I know what the overseas interest is like I will work out shipping.

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
Since this doesn't come around very often, can I revise my order Alan?

2 x full kits
1 x set of 10 spare LEDs
1 x set of 10 spare sleeves
1 x set of 10 spare C7's

Thanks, David

rogerdc46

New elf
Final revision: Please add 10 bare PCB's to my request. (I knew I could find a way to justify a DIY reflow oven.)

Thanks, Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.