ACL Strobe String Built

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have completed 2 x 25 strobe strings of the ACL strobes, i have another two strings to do. I used the 1 watt LEDs and these are bright, they will give a great effect. I made up strings of 25 strobes connected together using 4.4amp rated security cable. Each string is controlled by 1 channel and i used 4 different firmwares for the strobes to ensure that the strobes were as random as possible.

The effect will be awsome and here is a small video of them in action on my floor. (50 strobes)

Untitled

DanoNJ

Full time elf
I basicly did the same as you, Eddy, only I used some extra CAT5 I have laying around.

I should post a picture of the sealed units.

Skunberg

Full time elf
Eddy, Do all the strobes flash at the same time for the first flash? Or is the first flash random also?

Brian

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Skunberg said:
Eddy, Do all the strobes flash at the same time for the first flash? Or is the first flash random also?

Brian

I cant remember if thats what happened when i first powered them up but the strobes are setup so the PIC is always supplied with 5vdc power and the randomizer is always running, all that is needed is a 5v trigger and the lights flash and when in this configuration they are always random and this is the best way to run the strobes.