Answered Adding a timeline from other sequence ?

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Firstly thanks in advance for your help appreciate!
Im currently in the process of trying to simplify our display network wise and rasberry pi s.
I really only need one of each.
But my question is how can I take a timeline from another separate sequence in xlights that normally runs on a different rpi and add too my main sequence. ?
Im not concerned at all about timing marks aligning because they all do there fancy stuff !
Just really as said want to simplify ?
Cheeers

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A screenshot of what you are trying to do may help us understand what you're wanting to do. By timeline I assume that you mean a timing track from within xlights which is easy to save and import by right clicking on the timing track name and saving. Your description of what you're wanting to do doesn't sound like that though so I need more info.

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
So I’m reading it that you have one raspberry Pi running half your house with set sequences then another one running the other half of your display with its own sequences and your wanting to merge both sequences into the one sequence to run from the one Pi??

the grinch

Yes sorry aah a timing track and yes nuzzy basically what your saying so for instance I have a rasberry pi just solely running my driveway arches has its own separate sequence and would like to take that timing track and add too other main sequence ? In xlights

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
I’m no expert but if you have the arches model in Xlights then open your main sequence and import the effects from your secondary sequence onto your arches then render and save. Then you should have to make sure the addresses are correct etc and that should be just about all.

the grinch

Ah sorry for the late response !
I did solve some time back !
I was unable too import and export I think due too me only being animated sequences possibly?
Or me really not knowing what im doing lol! But I always get bye !
So after a lot of fiddling around I worked it out I opened up the sequnce with the timeline I wanted to export and copy
Then opened the sequence I wanted too add too then paste !
And happy days !
Cheers