Air Seeder Hose in New Zealand?

scamper

Dedicated elf

Simey

New elf
Did you need to request a quote, I have no option to add to basket. What state are you in Simey, i'm in Vic
I am in Victoria also. $11 to deliver and got it within 3 days from memory. I just looked to and couldn't add to cart. maybe just call them up and order direct.

Meldan1

New elf
Did you need to request a quote, I have no option to add to basket. What state are you in Simey, i'm in Vic
I have contacted the supplier direct the cost of freight was twice as much as the 30m roll
That is why I am looking to see if anyone stocks it in Wa

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I've been searching around and have posted on other forums.

One company I have contacted is
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.
But they do not stock this type anymore.

In an email reply:
Company contacted said:
"I recall the older Kverneland / Accord hosing was a white/opaque colour, and this came from Europe. We found it does not withstand our harsh U.V. conditions so do not tend to stock this anymore. We tend to get our hose from Australia or from a NZ Supplier now."

Does seem a bit disappointing given that ESDAN branded tube is UV resistant for Australian weather.

Then someone pointed out:
'edge' on another forum said:
I can see the hose you showed in your original post in AUS but, interestingly if you search the Esdan site for air seeder hose, all you get is helical reinforced PVC!! https://esdan.com.au/air-seeder-hose/ Even searching for polyethylene shows no results!

There is the odd example of clear/natural LDPE tubing available in NZ (similar to if you search Esdan for LDPE) but seems to max out at 19mm so may be not large enough for your purpose.

I keep finding more companies on Google, I'll continue contacting more.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Had a quick look online, have you tried these guys? http://hoseshop.co.nz/our-products/hoses/non-toxic-pressure-flex
It's a transparent hose but they have many other options online.
Here's another I just found https://www.enzed.co.nz/Products/Pr.../83/HoseTubing/IndustrialPVC/PVCHose/SFX.aspx
I've gone through many hose distributors.
Those hoses are clear.
The company I mentioned above has Air Seeder hose, but it has a reinforcement spiral inside. All Air seeder in NZ I know has reinforcement.
Otherwise it is a black non-reinforced tube.

After the comment on that forum; it is confusing that this natural Air seeder tube from AU is only available from Esdan on eBay.
Surely it's not left over stock being sold for all these years.

If you need more I have found a supplier here in NZ.
I have asked Blair_McLaren about this distributer in NZ but their prices are similar to buying from Aussie direct.

I think the next option is to ask for opaque "Pex tube", but it's a different material. I've been told that Air Seeder looks nicer than Pex so it does seem like a step backwards. (A step backwards and I haven't started).