ALC Strobe (P2N2222AG) question

MSL

New elf
I am starting to build the strobes from the last coop and I have a question...

Is the P2N2222AG supposed to sit up from the PCB (about 2mm)?

Some sit up; some go all the way down and lay flat on the PCB.

How are they supposed to be installed (or does it matter)?

Mark

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It shouldnt really matter, the transitors are a bit of a tight fit into the holes. I made all mine pulled through to the PCB, i used some pliers to help pull through the transitor so it was sitting on the PCB. This way it allows for a more compact build

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Don't go nuts forcing it though. You may crack the seal between the legs and the plastic case. This can lead to failure further down the track.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_AVD said:
Don't go nuts forcing it though. You may crack the seal between the legs and the plastic case. This can lead to failure further down the track.

yes definetly dont use force, the pliers were used to just pull through without to much force needed.

MSL

New elf
Thanks for the replies,

One less thing I have to worry about.

Mark

CaptKirk

New elf
I've been inserting them from the back side, then folding them down against the board to reduce the Z height for heat shrinking. You need to leave the leads further out thant he stops so there is no forcing involved. I use the back side of the board as there is more room on the back to tget the transistor all the way against the board (it ends up the round side of the transistor against the PCB but it still reduces the height....