Answered (All fixed) Wired one candy cane the reverse order..

Speedie70

New elf
i'm guessing this should be a relatively easy fix (other than the obvious rewire it solution)

I have three coro candy canes and stupidly glued the led's in the wrong direction for one of them. I'm using xLights for sequencing, FPP to run the show and ECG-P2's for my controllers,

The LED modules in my canes are a different RGB order to the strip for the rest of the my display and I have corrected this using Effect config in the ECG-P2. On the effect config page there is a tick box to reverse. I'm assuming this reverses the pixel order for those nodes?

1574675500025.png

It appears to work but only half my reverse order candy cane lights up running the sequence.

It all works perfectly using the display testing mode from the FPP when I select all channels, but only half lights up if I select the model to test from the model testing dropdown..

1574675418488.png

In Xlights I have specified that the candy cane starts at the opposite end to the other 2 but that doesn't seem to work..

Any suggestions other than pulling the candy cane apart and rewiring would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 1574675357972.png
    1574675357972.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 2

Speedie70

New elf
Why is that when you finally give up trying and ask for help you find the solution..

all fixed so thanks in advance to all who would have helped :)

Speedie70

New elf
Hi Speedie,
What was your solution? I seem to be having a similar problem.
Thanks!

Mine was pretty simple in the end.. I can't count :)

I just needed to add a remap for the next 4 pixels in the next universe on the ECG-P2 and that sorted it out for my issue.

My candy canes are 8 modules each so I had only remapped half of the one that is wired in reverse

1574850019028.png