all zeros?

BrianJ

Full time elf
Ok maybe I am doing something wrong but as I am trying to make some effects. The HLSNC file that is generated is all zeroes. I tried making a S3 file and an LSP file and they both looked ok (I think).
Here is the effect build sheet:

Ist%20NC%20capture%20%282%29.JPG

Any suggestions?

angus40

Senior elf
tree, matrix , ray ? how many strings or strips ? pixel count for each ?

BrianJ

Full time elf
It is a single string effect done as a Mega-Tree with a 200 pixel string in 4 strands, 90 degree view so it only outputs 50 pixels worth.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
BrianJ said:
It is a single string effect done as a Mega-Tree with a 200 pixel string in 4 strands, 90 degree view so it only outputs 50 pixels worth.

i know i gave u all a workaround for single string effects, please just wait a few days and i will have the new single string class available. it will be done correct. i need to make an effect class where there are no strands only pixels, coding almost complete

BrianJ

Full time elf
Thanks Sean,
I do not mind waiting for the single string effects. I have been waiting for them since I first heard they were coming and am quite excited by the possibilities they bring. I have been sequencing more lately and thought I had best develop a base knowledge of Nutcracker so that when the new effects arrived I would be ready to go to town with it.

I appreciate all the work that you have put in to this and the dedication you have shown to the community with your ongoing minis and software advancements. I hope you are saving enough time to get your own show up and running nicely this year.

Cheers.